or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Then you would need an external optical drive or another computer with an optical drive. Otherwise you couldn't update the OS. I have an 800 G4 w/no optical drive and I had to jump through hoops to upgrade to Tiger. I didn't like the idea of paying circa $100 for an external OD or even $30 for an internal OD just to upgrade.
No, sorry. Just curious.
Why did Apple stop making titanium alloy laptops? Wasn't that a better, lighter metal than aluminum (aluminium) ? I have a G4 tower with Lucite. It doesn't get messy like the plastic does. It looks as good as the day I bought it 6 years ago. Why didn't Apple make other Macs using lucite? It probably wouldn't be light enough for a laptop, but I think it would make a good looking desktop. I think the Cube was lucite.?.?
Wiki gave me statistics but didn't really answer my question. You did. Thanks.
In referring to monitors, what is the difference between 'contrast' and 'dynamic' ratios. I see contrast ratios about 1000:1 and dynamic ratios 00000000:1. Which is more important?
This is in Mac Tutorials on moving from a PC to a Mac. It might work for you: http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#tutorial=move
After 20 + years using a PC, it was like coming out of a fog into the sunlight. I have to use a PC at work and curse it every day. My two PC's at home have been gathering dust. I can't bring myself to use them. Every now and then, I see an inexpensive PC and think 'why not'. Then a voice says to me, "It doesn't use OS X." Saved by the voice. Where does it come from? Is it my guardian angel? Naw, it's common sense. As someone else said, there can be problems with...
How did you go about getting the ACSP?
I use the Logitech VX Revolution (after trying about 1/2 dozen other mice) and love it. It sells for $70, but TigerDirect has it on sale now for $30. VX Revolution™ High performance in an ergonomic design. Highlights: Cordless, Forward/Back Buttons, Hyper-Fast Scrolling, Laser Sensor, MicroGear™ Scroll Wheel, One-Touch Search, Right-Hand Design, Storable Receiver USD 69.99 PN 931690-0403http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...s/165&cl=us,en I have its big brother too. ...
Will do. Thanks.