or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Which is a better way to go when upgrading to a new Mac? 1. FireWire cable from old to new Mac using Setup Assistant OR 2. Backup (SuperDuper) to an external HDD and then to the new Mac from the HDD What is the difference? Is anyone familiar with Superduper's Safety Clone? How does that work? Has anyone used SuperDuper to create a disk image of your computer. I tried it and it didn't work. I emailed Shirt Pocket and was told to forget about it.
There are a couple of things you should factor in. Educational discount is only one. Mail order stores offer discounts that are sometimes greater than the educational discount, but be sure that isn't offset by shipping charges. Look for free shipping. If your state has sales tax, that could offset educ. discounts. Apple online and Apple stores charge sales tax. Mail order usually don't. Try MacMall, Amazon, and some of the other mail order stores. The usual rebates are...
The price is right on that iMac. In 2002, I bought a 22" ACD that cost $2500. The computer, G4 800MHz was around $1800.
I'd like a 9" X 12" (a sukoshi bit larger than a sheet of paper) convertible. Otherwise just like the MacBook Air.
And to make matters worse, it could be the end of the line for the cheap coupe:http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...7883&Itemid=38
Naw, I'm too chicken. However, as soon as you make ONE more post and have 6000 posts, MAYBE AI will give you special dispensation and you can vote as many times as you want. Congratulations in advance.
Now you're cheating. At least have the courtesy to wait until someone votes after each of your votes.
I have come forth to sixfthed the motion. Hey, Spamsandwich, can you make the motion AND thirdthed the motion? Isn't that against Robert's Rules or something? Oh, h_ll, we can just make up the rules as we go along. Language, too.
Cramer on TV claims that we should sell AAPL stock prior to the iPhone hitting the stores. Any thoughts?
Night of the living xMac This is the way I'd like to be able to configure my new xMac.\ http://arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits...005/10/30/1676