or Connect

Posts by piot

Well, sorry. but you would be wrong. What do you think that 35% "Other iPhones" slice consists of?   Either iPhone 4 or the 4S probably has the largest N. American user base. Even the 3GS is probably near the top somewhere.. it was sold for over three and a half years.
So... Some future headlines could read: "Nokia stuns with 100% of handset profits" Nokiainsider "Samsung rockets to 500% phone industry profits" Samsunginsider "IPhone stumbles with 20,000% of the mobile pie" Appleinsider I understand the maths. I get the logic... But use a little common sense people.
Yep.
OK. So I was right then.
PS. A sure sign of the data being good is that Darling and Gator haven't shown up to provide some 'alternative' data. 
  You didn't even know where they were getting their data from and yet you still pronounced it meaningless.    Says more 'bout you than Comscore.
  Why do we have to have this every bloody time?    This is a survey of smartphone subscribers NOT monthly sales.   There is nothing in these figures that doesn't tally with the recent reports of strong iPhone sales since the launch of iPhone 5. In fact, Comscore is adding more credence to them.   Eg. Take a look at the October figures. http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Press_Releases/2012/11/comScore_Reports_October_2012_U.S._Mobile_Subscriber_Market_Share   iPhone...
  This is Comscore! It's not some no-name phone repair shop. They have been publishing these figures every month for over three years. Go look up their other results... then come back and tell us if they are meaningful or not.       Ah I see where you went wrong there. Think more. Post less.
I really hope you are not offering the statcounter link as evidence of installed base. Are you?   I am not exaggerating anything, just making an educated guess. I specifically mentioned iPhone vs Android (phone) installed base. Between IDC and  Gartner, the figures show that, in the last two years, Android powered phones have outsold iPhone by 3 to 1. Over the last 4 years that figure drops down to around 2.5 to 1 in favour of Android. I think it's a fairly safe bet that...
  Oh God, not this again! You're like a broken record.   Did you read the post you are replying to? Originally Posted by Steven N. The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android...........   Android phones must be getting close to 3 times the installed base of iPhone. That's 200% more! Why is Android's mobile web share not 200% more than iPhone?   That's the whole point of these circular arguments. We know that there are many more Android devices out...