or Connect

Posts by SwissMac2

Much as I find some of Ahrendts ideas to be unhelpful, eg removal of name badges for retail employees, I don't thik you can blame her for a lack of availability at launch. Tim Cook chose the launch date, and production failed to meet it. That's Cook's fault, not Ahrendt's. Under Steve, deadlines really were that; they were never missed, but under nice Tim we've had quite a few 'soft' deadlines of one sort or another. This Watch debacle is the result.
At the moment in Switzerland Apple Maps is a bit of a problem. Most people rely here on the excellent public transport system, but while the tramlines are sometimes visible, no tram stations are listed at all and the tramlines themselves often disappear without reason, or get confused with railway lines which are a totally different system. To get to a business, most people need to know which tram stop to get off at, as well as the number of the line itself. In bright...
You really have a strange view of the world. You do know the UK Government has NO shareholders, and that all money received by the Government means reduced taxes for EVERYONE? Are you saying you don't believe in Democracy either because the democratically elected Government doesn't do exactly what YOU alone want it to do? And as someone else already pointed out, you would rather a criminal got away with things rather than be prosecuted just because you don't like being...
"Apple reminded users that they will no longer be able to purchase Aperture after the release of Photos, though it will remain functional in OS X Yosemite." I read that Apple are NOT upgrading Aperture users to the latest version available under Mavericks; instead users have to upgrade both their OS to Yosemite (which for various reasons they may not be able to do) and require the still available 3.4.3 version of Aperture to miss the latest version 3.5.1 and jump straight...
From my experience one of Angela Ahrendt's first moves of removing name tags of employees has completely downgraded the quality of service I get in-store. With no name on display the sellers have no responsibility for what they do because how can you complain about them? I think I could have done better for $70+ million... in fact, most of the people commenting on here could have done!
I love the camera on my iPhone 6 but it has a long way to go to beat my Nikon dSLR. Main reason is sensor size - the bigger the sensor the higher the quality but the thicker the device needs to be; bigger and thicker isn't a direction Apple follow. Secondly, interchangeable lenses: without these the iPhone cannot be 'like' a dSLR. And given the physical needs of the sensor, the lenses also need to be bigger and deeper and zooms have to solve the riddle of more brightness,...
For Heaven's sake, how is it that AppleInsider readers know more about this story than Appleinsider journos? Did you check your facts with a second source? No. Do you ever? No. This must be about the least impressive story on the web today. By miles...
Much as I love Apple and admire its ability to grow a huge cash pile, "repatriating it to buy back shares or issue dividends would cost the company a considerable sum in U.S. taxes" is a slap in the face to all those Apple customers who do not have such a choice about whether they pay their taxes or not; well, they can choose not to pay them but that way they end up in prison. @mazecookie You are getting confused between BORROWING (which Apple is doing with the bond...
Sorry, but this article is full of emotional claptrap and has very little substance. Just HOW did Apple "go thermonuclear" on Samsung? It looks far more to me like Apple stuck to its strategic view of how to run a profitable niche business concentrating on profits rather than market share which it has done from the beginning. As for Samsung's profits, who cares? They've chased every Apple rumour going since they lost the court case and launched loads of products that...
QUOTE: Update: According to figures published by GSMArena, Nexus 9 ... single core performance is similar to iPad Air 2 but its multiple core CPU performance is beat by the A8X iPad Air 2 by 34.8 percent. Is "beat" by? Please! That might be colloquial street speak for the uneducated where you're from, but it's terrible English. The correct form of words is "is beaten by".