or Connect

Posts by SwissMac2

I love the camera on my iPhone 6 but it has a long way to go to beat my Nikon dSLR. Main reason is sensor size - the bigger the sensor the higher the quality but the thicker the device needs to be; bigger and thicker isn't a direction Apple follow. Secondly, interchangeable lenses: without these the iPhone cannot be 'like' a dSLR. And given the physical needs of the sensor, the lenses also need to be bigger and deeper and zooms have to solve the riddle of more brightness,...
For Heaven's sake, how is it that AppleInsider readers know more about this story than Appleinsider journos? Did you check your facts with a second source? No. Do you ever? No. This must be about the least impressive story on the web today. By miles...
Much as I love Apple and admire its ability to grow a huge cash pile, "repatriating it to buy back shares or issue dividends would cost the company a considerable sum in U.S. taxes" is a slap in the face to all those Apple customers who do not have such a choice about whether they pay their taxes or not; well, they can choose not to pay them but that way they end up in prison. @mazecookie You are getting confused between BORROWING (which Apple is doing with the bond...
Sorry, but this article is full of emotional claptrap and has very little substance. Just HOW did Apple "go thermonuclear" on Samsung? It looks far more to me like Apple stuck to its strategic view of how to run a profitable niche business concentrating on profits rather than market share which it has done from the beginning. As for Samsung's profits, who cares? They've chased every Apple rumour going since they lost the court case and launched loads of products that...
QUOTE: Update: According to figures published by GSMArena, Nexus 9 ... single core performance is similar to iPad Air 2 but its multiple core CPU performance is beat by the A8X iPad Air 2 by 34.8 percent. Is "beat" by? Please! That might be colloquial street speak for the uneducated where you're from, but it's terrible English. The correct form of words is "is beaten by".
 I agree. Amazing how many people read "desktop search" and thought "internet search" as if they have never used Spotlight before. Don't these idiots even own a Mac?
What, use Google to search your HARD DISK??? Are you nuts?
I hate this assumption that I do the same things on all my devices: I don't! That's what Steve Ballmer said was important, but as usual he was talking out of his sweaty armpits. My work Mac does work things and searches on internal Network shares; my home Mac is for fun stuff and searches for my personal files; my iPhone is for helping me get places and stay in touch, not for working on things. If I want to search the internet I use Safari. MacWorld had an article on this...
This is clearly a response to the mobile phone shop salesmen hearing "I want an iPad" and supplying a Scamsung whilst saying "It's cheaper and it works with your fingers, just like an iPad!" Hope this hits the telecons that push Samesungs hard...
I run a Mac server in a business environment with both PCs and Macs running off it and it's really good. Where I wish Apple would concentrate more is on releasing software that isn't so buggy. I'm not going to buy an iPhone 6 until they fix iOS 8.