or Connect

Posts by applestockholder

I think you can save your popcorn, Amazon will do great, too...
Maybe not 10 years ago nobody would have predicted that, but in March of 2006 I did write that AAPL would be valued as much as the combined market leaders in the Apple's key industries. "Don't know how to start a poll, but I can tell you selling half of my stock is not what comes to mind at this point in AAPL history. How about doubling or trippling your investment. future AAPL price = (market cap MSFT + market cap Nokia +market cap DELL)/outstanding AAPL shares = (262.00...
Agree. One of the things I respect most about Apple is the philosophy that a great company is built on great products, not maximizing profits by cutting quality, innovation, and substituting these characteristics with marketing to convince consumers that their crap is worth buying, no matter how bad it is.
I tend to think that this law suit is at this point at least in part to prevent someone else from buying the patents as Kodak has a patent bake sale to try and keep their corporate head above the choppy chapter 11 waters.... And btw, Apple started the investigation into the issues that led to the suit before Kodak was definitely going bankrupt. ANd of course, Apple has have every right to claim their share of the riches that Kodak has made from using Apple's IP to...
iDVD did not change the movie business, similarly iBook author will not dramatically change the textbook business. It's about content and quality of that content...
As an academician and long time computer user, I also hope for content delivery tools. However, I don't think they need to be all that glitzy, in terms of functionality. Moving from traditional print media to new media does not require all of the interactivity and things folks are talking about. In fact, it never did really catch on, i.e. when CDROMS first came out, there were all sorts of dictionaries and things with video and interactivity - never took off. Fast...
I think the main differentiators will be the lack of cables (other than the power cable) to the screen unit, and a simple apple TV like remote. Siri will probably be part of it, but that will not be a huge differentiator in the long run. Voice control sucks, even Siri, IMHO, is only so good.... Talking at inanimate objects? There has to be more! The image will get to the TV in the same way you can play videos off of the iPhone or iPad on a screen connected to Apple TV....
Not that it really matters, but I think it is highly unlikely that Tim Cook went to talk to Steve Jobs about a project. The call was almost certainly to inform TIm Cook that the end was now very, very near. Having seen patients die of cancer, including pancreatic cancer, I highly doubt he was in that good a shape 24 hours before he passed. Nonetheless, Steve Jobs worked closer up to his death productively than most people would likely ever be capable of. Incredible...
If you watch the 2007 All Things D video of Steve Jobs being interviewed, the topic of RAM comes up. I was struck by his tip of the tongue knowledge of the exact RAM of the early Macs, and got the impression he had been thinking about RAM a lot. Evidently, immediately before the iPhone launch, he must have been thinking about this topic, as there was so little RAM, and yet even the original iPhone could to a lot (for so little RAM). I think the amount of RAM is a very...
There is actually real science proving that consumer grade stuff is sufficient. Here is the abstract of a study we did a few years ago to assess whether or not one has to buy $12,000 (at the time) medical grade monitors. I am NOT surprised that the iPad is good enough, display technology has improved, and the iPad display is really quite high quality. ROC study of four LCD displays under typical medical center lighting conditions. J Digit Imaging. 2006...