or Connect

Posts by ericblr

Funny you should make that analogy, because Nintendo has admitted that they are losing millions of dollars to people buying ipod touches for games. Games, I might add, that are as good or better than many of nintendo's offerings.
True, if your talking about E-ink devices. However the nook color WAS intended to be more tablet like. It has a full color touchscreen and is a very similar form-factor to the iPad. It runs a bastardized version of android, and has the android market completely stripped out. It was slow, laggy and very poor even for an e-reader. IMO, for a dedicated E-reader I think the kindle is tops. For an all around tablet, the iPad smokes the competition.
Thats gonna require alot of aluminum;-)
I have used a couple of android phones. I spent 1 1/2- 2 years with the OS, and while I do like some things better like the notifications, I became very annoyed with the very things mentioned in this article. Android is slow, cumbersome, laggy, and unstable. It also makes little use of external memory for apps, giving you a limited 512KB of internal memory for app storage. "apps2sd" is very limited and only allows parts of the applications to be installed on Sd card...
I believe Google has realized that 100 different versions of their OS configured for hundreds more devices creates problems when trying to program for Android. The more customized versions of android there are, the more test devices a developer has to buy in order to assure his application is going to work. I think at this point, a unified Android is much more important than "openness" in order to ensure stability of the operating system. I think this is a good move by...
Oh I know. You're right, both parties keep trying to get us involved in the middle east when we should just stay the heck out, and let the 3rd century throwbacks fight amongst themselves. I was just simply pointing out the previous poster's inconsistencies in his erroneous data. Regardless of the semantics surrounding our endless middle east meddling, we need to stop. It will never get us anywhere.
Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, South Korea, and the United Kingdom were countries that contributed forces to aid the US in Iraq. Saddam Hussein was also a mass murderer. However, I dont think we need to be the worlds policemen, and I find it rather predictable that the left has all of the sudden gone...
So, where's that "iPad killer"? *cough* *cough*
The VOIP providers, the streaming movie companies, customers, etc.
Yes, the money is in the here and now. So, with that knowledge, you're going to sit here and tell me that the existence of hundreds of million (if not billions) of computer systems around the world running some variant of Windows provides no incentive whatsoever to a virus programmer? You dont even consider for a SECOND that the reason so many people are creating viruses for windows is because it creates a bigger target?NOPE, I guess its solely based on the security (or...