or Connect

Posts by ericblr

Netbooks? ROTFL! Netbooks are a miserable failure. They arent selling. The ipad is much more capable than ANY netbook in existence! You just cant admit that Apple has a quality product that people want to buy. Why dont you go ahead and crawl back under the rock youve been living in for the past several years.
Ok, let me rephrase that, you can watch over the air and QAM delivered through cable. 2 problems... even that card you showed me (I just looked it up on new egg) has zero HD inputs aside from the coax inputs. My problem is I dont get QAM in Houston, with Comcast. HD channels are only available through the Digital Cable service. Which leads me back to TV tuner cards that still dont have anyway of hooking up a box and displaying channels in HD (to this day). Believe...
From wikipedia"Early personal computers - generally called microcomputers - were sold often in kit form and in limited volumes, and were of interest mostly to hobbyists and technicians. Minimal programming was done with toggle switches to enter instructions, and output was provided by front panel lamps. Practical use required peripherals such as keyboards, computer terminals, disk drives, and printers. Micral N was the earliest commercial, non-kit "personal" computer...
I couldn't disagree with you more. First off TV Tuner cards are not HDCP compliant, they have no HDMI inputs and they can only record digital TV off of the air. If you want to pass through a cable box, you are limited to analog. Secondly, the internet is becoming vastly rich with streaming television and movies. ATT Uverse and Verizon FIOS both use a version of IPTV which is television streamed through the internet to a special receiver. I have a ROKU box for netflix...
http://news.techworld.com/security/5...us-hits-apple/ I have pointed out that UNIX operating systems such as Mac OS X are inherently more secure. I have pointed out that I recognized that Windows is buggy. I have pointed out that Mac OS X is not impenetrable (see above example). I believe we will see more motivation to crack through OS Xs exterior (no matter how tough) as Apples marketshare continues to grow. Apple continues to release security updates for OS X, so...
I wish you would read my entire posts. Nowhere have I ever defended Windows. Nowhere have I ever advocated that Its popularity was the ONLY reason it had so many viruses and problems. I was however countering your argument that Macs Obscurity has NOTHING to do with why Macs have very few viruses. I am saying that is ONE of the reasons and cannot be discounted. I personally use Ubuntu for that very reason. I dont like Windows. I think it is buggy, flaky, and...
Macs are becoming more prevalent, yes. I work in a business that is run and operated on Macs. I have no beef with Apple or Macintosh. I think they are great machines! However, you are completely missing the point. Viruses have traditionally been very windows centric because that is, was, and continues to be the DOMINATE OPERATING SYSTEM! Just because the macintosh is exploding in sales right now doesnt mean that all the virus, malware, and spyware writers jump ship...
Oh im sorry did you mean to make sense? Ok well, lets see. Windows still commands around 89% installed user base. Its about getting to a vast audience, not about money. Its about doing damage to as many as possible. The fact that Macs even HAVE viruses completely destroys YOUR argument! Only having roughly 10% marketshare is very much a big reason why we dont see very many viruses on macs.
Why do you think the Japanese are reluctant to release high end technology to the states? Americans are notoriously hard on their electronics and it would generate ALOT of support calls and headaches for the company.
Not by a long shot. A. There are still parts of HTML 5 that have not been completed B. There is still certain things that flash does much better, like hardware acceleration C. Flash is still used EVERYWHERE D. HTML 5 hasnt achieved candidate stage for recommendation before W3C E. The only people preaching up the end of Flash are fanboys who weren't even making said predictions until Steve Jobs adopted HTML 5. HTML 5 wont really see mass adoption for many years. Thats a...