or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

So, in the spirit of random speculation, is the Manhattan Beach location going to move across the street to El Segundo in the new mall? It is supposed to have some very high end stores, and there is actually enough space for a reasonable store. Too bad pedestrian/bicycle access sucks.Santa Monica is closer and faster though from downtown.
I really love PCalc; it has to be one of my favorite apps. I wish it did TVM calculations gracefully, but even without it having a proper RPN calculator is so nice. Just the other day I was wishing Apple's awful calculator widget could be replaced by PCalc...Check out the Theodolite app; pretty slick...
Just got back from a trip in Europe that had me in three countries over the course of a week or so. I wanted data access throughout, but it is too much of a pain to get a dedicated SIM for a few days to make it worthwhile... so I just used wifi where I could get it. The carriers have more to gain than to lose with the AppleSIM. If you live somewhere, the burden of switching is spread over a longer duration than people traveling, so going down to a store and buying a new...
Presumably they knew there was a very high risk that they would not get payment. But, creating a run in the stock would destroy any chance in getting funding, which would eliminate a chance of maximizing shareholder value. Their fiduciary responsibility is for timely disclosure. That is not real-time.Small cap stocks are a high risk game for a number of reasons. You got burned... learn from it and move on, unless you now own 10% of the stock ($5MM), in which case you...
Sure you do, if you miss your liferaft in cashflow. The purpose of bankruptcy protection is to allow a company to continue operation when its cashflow and balance sheet have a problem, but the underlying business model and prospects are solid.
One simple market demographic: Fitness. How many people wear a heart rate monitor when they exercise? What percentage don't? Why? For most I know, it is because the chest strap is a pain. A good heart rate monitor is $200, so the addressable market of a $400 Watch is likely the top 10% of the heart rate monitor market. Guessing, but that should be a good 100MM there, so you would need about 10% for 10MM units from this demographic.A lot of other potential...
1. Your 4S is a 3-year old model now. Not expecting some reduced performance is really your mistake, not Apple's. Closing all the apps and rebooting the phone may help, but the phone has half the memory of the 5. (My 5 is fine speed wise.)2. The lack of supply is due to the damn scalpers. Hopefully when sales open in China the market for scalping will be exhausted and the problem goes away.3. As pathetic as it is, you aren't going to get a brand spanking new Apple...
It depends on if you believe that an installation without the extra tools is at risk. It isn't just the terminal; it is anything that can spawn a shell like Perl or even startup scripts.
It is a difference between UI and server in my mind. Based on the "servers" I have dealt with in the past, the price point is going to be closer to $200. I also see the server as being the gateway device, rather than an endpoint in the network. Easier to make remote access work securely.
The AppleTV could make a good hub, but quite honestly an AirPort is a better gateway. The challenge for me is that I use Insteon which still needs a powerline modem with 900MHz wireless. I doubt that it makes sense for Apple to integrate that functionality into their products; not sure if even ZigBee would make sense.