or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

It is ambitious. With enough manpower, they can easily work on two segments at a time and shave 5-6 months, but you have all the parts to make it work. For buildings like a high-rise, you generally stagger critical component manufacturing delivery times because there isn't enough staging space on the jobsite. This just-in-time strategy makes for more efficient material handling, but if deliveries are spaced to once per month it can limit progress.The project could have...
While I have a browser with AdBlock and NoScript on my iPad, it isn't practical for most users.
12/31/2016 would be pretty ambitious still for full occupancy of the spaceship. They appear to have just finished the structure for one segment out of 12 or 16; The curtain wall would take about a month (optimistically) from that point, and then they have a cold shell. Getting to a warm shell is another month, and then you typically have about 4 months of interior fit-out followed by a week or two for furniture installation. You could finish one segment per month...
Trading to make $500 is going to get you hurt long term. If you are taking those risks, why not buy $70 or $100 calls (1/2017 expiration) instead? You cut your capital exposure in half, or give yourself the chance to double returns for the same capital, and only marginally higher risks.(Taking my advice to extreme will also get you hurt, but losing 10% to commissions isn't helping yourself.)
In fairness, the S&P isn't "best and brightest" companies, and isnt a slam-dunk to invest in. The Dow creates a manageable list of companies for an individual investor to follow and weight as they see fit.The distinction might not matter much for mutual funds, as charging 0.5-2.0% of assets held gives you the ability to have a lot of resources to evaluate 500-2,000 companies.S&P is a better proxy for the state of broad economic growth, but as an investment benchmark it...
I actually bought some short term options myself last week, after largely switching to a longer term investment profile. My take was that the stock will be at $150 by July, so it is pretty low risk. I would take a 10% gain in a week or hold out for 100% at expiration, not worrying about which outcome happens. Recent volatility relative to the broader market seems to validate the thinking of shorter-term mindset with Apple. It wasn't much money I put into it, but would...
$143 is easy... I'm still hoping for the Trillion Dollar Company. ($170)Will be interesting how the global economy impacts things.
Here's to hoping for a reasonably priced 1TB drive.
Are they doing this to mitigate currency risk on their holdings, or just to tap multiple markets?
Funny, these videos make me less interested in owning a drone rather than more. When I first saw someone flying a Phantom I had a period of a month or so where I wanted one as a bit of a toy. These videos with the fisheye lenses and jumpy panning effects limit my interest considerably though. Now, as a reward for watching the video I am getting DJI ads on every page I visit... Further turning me off.