or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

Every one I have seen has been money-losing. You can call it a marketing expense if you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that you provide a service for effectively zero gain. I'm not quite sure why any business would want to integrate themselves more into GroupOn's "system." Maybe some companies have figured out ways to really make it work, but not sure what industry they are in...
It hides other information as well; was copying files from CD to our server from my Mac and it hid the files as well. This update has been a bit of a lemon.
Wall Wart is a deal killer to me. My Apple TVs are hidden behind the TV; many have a little indent that they squeeze into nicely without any tape or other mounting material. I can even still use the remote when I angle the AppleTV just right so the sensor is visible, and bounce the IR off the ceiling. A wall wart means you cannot hide it behind the TV, at least not without an extra cable running exposed. Surprised Amazon couldn't do any better, given that the Apple TV...
Have they fixed the battery issue where the unit just drops out of the sky without warning? Wanted to get one, but watching a $1200 toy drop into the ocean isn't really fun.
Huh.... Windows (phone) is a rounding error.
Well, Apple's highest profit-generating product is not expected to see sales growth or margin increases, so that isn't completely irrational. What they made already has been disclosed. What remains to be seen is what happens with the remainder of Apple's ecosystem.
I think there is a freeze period before the results are posted, but once information is public there should be no reason the CEO can't push for more aggressive buyback within the board-approved allowance. I'm not sure if they are allowed to make any transactions during the freeze, or if they can have algorithm purchases that are set prior to freeze.
So what would stockholders liked changed about the way Apple is doing business? Personally I would rather have the dividend boosted to 5%, which would provide a longer-term incentive than a single buyback. Right now though, I am getting prepared to write more calls to offload my stock. I just have too much in Apple at this point, and not enough confidence in where they are planning to go.
Boy, talk about suckers. APPL was de-listed a long time ago; they are still buying shares?! AAPL is likely a better investment.
...and I still don't understand how she loops Apple into "collusion" when it is quite clear that negotiations were separate. The publishers were aware of the negotiations among their peers, and Apple was not hiding the fact, although there is no proof that they disclosed the exact terms they were negotiating between the various players. The OPPOSITE was actually disclosed, that the publishers were talking among each other, which in my simple mind would seem to prove that...