or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with the Preferred approach. A 4-5% yield and some potential for growth would make a lot of investors very happy. The non-preferred shares get the growth potential and the preferred gets the stable income. At the same time, Apple can horde the cash offshore and try to wait out a tax holiday or use the money for international expansion if they don't over-stretch their horde. 5% Doesn't seem like much of a stretch...
But that was before the iPhone actually shipped. I am surprised Cisco didn't have the trademark resolved.
Story is a little short on information; what did Gradient produce as an iphone prior to Apple's trademark request in 2006 up until the release of an android handset in 2011?
Pedestrian-friendly crosswalks? What... are they going to put up gates to prevent cyclists from barreling through? Used to pass by there on my ride to work every day; can't think of any other Apple stores in similar types of settings though. It is high traffic area, but not what I think of as a big computer shopping neighborhood, and a quick Muni ride to Stonestown from right out front.
Dupe... doh...
Doesn't this put AMZN's earnings negative for TTM? No pesky PE to worry about now!!
It does depend on use-case, but a 128GB SD card is about $100 +/-30 at Fry's, and Apple is charging $300 for 112 GB. I understand they can demand the "extra" $100 for double the storage, but for people that actually want access to lots of storage on a tablet other options might start to look attractive. Personally though, I would much rather have my VPN and web server to access full range of files.
They sold off their TV business about a year ago.
Do you really think so? Most of the things our company use an iPad for are accessible from the intranet web server rather than being stored locally. There is no music, and we don't need any videos although I can see some people wanting that stored locally. Even an electronic flight bag is less than 1GB storage use from what I understand. I could see something like the Mercedes roll-out wanting more local information store, but not double the existing maximum.
Too expensive! Wow. I have a 64GB iPad which is getting pretty full, but an extra $430 from the "base" price is just too much. Not quite sure why the base model is still 16GB (especially for the iPad), and I think it is good to up the maximum storage... just think the price needs to be a little more grounded for people to be able to justify upgrading later on.