or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

The value of the remote is the biggest thing in my book, but a like-for-like comparison would be to a 16-channel stereo system where any source can go to any speaker. Plus, you don't need a computer running to listen to the radio.
That is where Sonos actually really shines. You can scatter speakers throughout your home, keep the volume low, and have nice uniform background everywhere (or different music in each room if you want). You can hook it up to your TV, the mac, or any internet radio service, with the sound going everywhere. All without speaker wires... and all easily controlled from your iWhatever.Before we got Sonos, my wife always had the television on for some background noise. Now...
Sonos is so much more than a bluetooth speaker. I've got a few Sonos units now, and this is a pretty cool option to expand the system. Might be just cheap enough to let one rot in the bathroom! My only complaint is that it doesn't have a speaker mount bolt like the Play3.
Why do all these companies insist on making it a cloud offering rather than supporting local access standards?! I want to VPN into my vacation home and be able to check the video from there... not use some made-for-idiots-that-don't-understand-security-or-the-implications-of-sharing-things-with-the-world device!!
It is just a prop. But, I have seen a pretty slick command center setup with about 20 iPads in a 120-degree arc two high (basically like the monitor mounts). Each ipad was running a full screen browser to access a backend WonderWare clone setup. The benefit was that multiple people could interact with it when needed, not limited to one keyboard or cluttered KVM setups. The downside was the techs had grease on their hands...
It's not that simple, unfortunately. There is the very substantial ideological issue that has a meaningful impact on how Apple conducts negotiations. The settlement issues are more minor and don't have a real impact on Apple, but the precedent this sets is simply not acceptable to them.
Seems contradictory to everything else coming out-- looks much more like 7MM 5S and 2MM 5C, and the channel sell-through seems to be exceptionally high. I imagine there could easily be 1MM 5C units stuffed in the channel, but that really seems like a longshot-- Apple would have needed to be disappointed with 5C pre-orders to do a stunt like that, and even then it seems uncharacteristic.
Any good ideas how to deal with speakers on an executive desk (center of office) with an iMac mounted to an arm? Every good solution I can think of would just be better with a different computer.
For listening to music you might have a case, but for Skype and FaceTime it is a PITA. I have resorted to a plug in speaker on my ipad in order to deal with the same problem-- sound is directed the wrong way. If it is against the wall it might not be a big deal, but that isn't everybody's need.
Yeah... that one is long overdue. Unfortunately, POP is also fairly heavily overloaded, with one acronym being Persistent Organic Pollutant... close enough to the colloquial POS for me.