or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

Not really, at least not in any sense of what I have seen and what I understand the law to be.The problem with your argument is that the price was always $13. Amazon just engaged in illegal dumping and sold for $10. Initially, the publishers sold to Amazon at $10, expecting them to mark up the price to $13. When they didn't, the publishers increased prices to what they thought Retail should be, and Amazon decided to sell at an actual loss.Effectively, the publishers...
The publisher sets the price under the agency model.The MFN clause adjusts the publisher's price to reflect the lowest price.Independent of whatever the price is, the agent gets 30%.So, if Amazon was on wholesale, they buy a $13 e-book for $10 and sell it for $10, making 0 profit.When they do this, Apple's retail price is adjusted to $10, and they get $3 commission so the publisher only gets $7. Obviously, the publisher would prefer to get $10 from everybody, so they...
Will .dotfiles disappear now on Linux samba servers?
I can actually think of a few applications where the new Pro would work really well in a Pelican 1520 case with any accessories fixed in place and wired up, and still (almost) take up less space than the existing MacPro. It will be interesting to see if people end up making brackets to mount them in racks and other cases. You could get 6 of them in a 5U rack enclosure if you really wanted to, or mix and match with storage or whatever other accessories you might need.
Seriously, why? I use the 2010 iMac, and with the humanscale arm and the lights off it works pretty well! I'll be getting an 13" i7 Air soon enough to supplement, but that is the whole ergonomic vs portability issue.
...and the appeal to someone else was the upgradeable RAM, and to another person flexibility on video cards. This solution simplifies appealing to everyone with a single product. Yes, you end up with expansion bays.BUT, your challenge doesn't change. You can do it the right way and get a desktop SAN, or you can cobble together a bunch of little bits and bobs.To be honest, I am most curious how Apple envisions marrying this with accessories. You can't put anything on...
The actual wording of the MFN is quite clear:All pricing power is in the hands of the Publisher, except the power of a retailer who is on a Wholesale contract. Once the wholesaler lowers the retail price though, they self-destruct since MFN customers can use that lower retail price (and still make a profit).Obviously, this gave an incentive to the publishers to limit access to hardcover new releases to retailers with an agency agreement... which is exactly where collusion...
I think there are two "fails" with the article: the idea of catching up you reference, and what is happening on the long tail. They basically combine into the reality that a developer cares about his addressable market for a specific app at a specific price. The problem for Android is the number of people that have little or no interest in buying apps. Many essentially have feature phones independent of what the phone is capable of.For the long tail, I would say you...
Without my 3G microcell I would be dead in the water inside my home, but I have noticed the carriers are adding micro-cells to power poles around the south-bay which is making marginal improvements; two bars where there used to be none.
You might try to report POI data to Yelp instead; they are the source of much of the data.