or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

I can actually think of a few applications where the new Pro would work really well in a Pelican 1520 case with any accessories fixed in place and wired up, and still (almost) take up less space than the existing MacPro. It will be interesting to see if people end up making brackets to mount them in racks and other cases. You could get 6 of them in a 5U rack enclosure if you really wanted to, or mix and match with storage or whatever other accessories you might need.
Seriously, why? I use the 2010 iMac, and with the humanscale arm and the lights off it works pretty well! I'll be getting an 13" i7 Air soon enough to supplement, but that is the whole ergonomic vs portability issue.
...and the appeal to someone else was the upgradeable RAM, and to another person flexibility on video cards. This solution simplifies appealing to everyone with a single product. Yes, you end up with expansion bays.BUT, your challenge doesn't change. You can do it the right way and get a desktop SAN, or you can cobble together a bunch of little bits and bobs.To be honest, I am most curious how Apple envisions marrying this with accessories. You can't put anything on...
The actual wording of the MFN is quite clear:All pricing power is in the hands of the Publisher, except the power of a retailer who is on a Wholesale contract. Once the wholesaler lowers the retail price though, they self-destruct since MFN customers can use that lower retail price (and still make a profit).Obviously, this gave an incentive to the publishers to limit access to hardcover new releases to retailers with an agency agreement... which is exactly where collusion...
I think there are two "fails" with the article: the idea of catching up you reference, and what is happening on the long tail. They basically combine into the reality that a developer cares about his addressable market for a specific app at a specific price. The problem for Android is the number of people that have little or no interest in buying apps. Many essentially have feature phones independent of what the phone is capable of.For the long tail, I would say you...
Without my 3G microcell I would be dead in the water inside my home, but I have noticed the carriers are adding micro-cells to power poles around the south-bay which is making marginal improvements; two bars where there used to be none.
You might try to report POI data to Yelp instead; they are the source of much of the data.
Thought they had a 20-year lease at One Stockton. One of my favorite memories of that location was its proximity to Moscone Center, and the crowds flocking over there from WWDC and MacWorld. You have a little hill to climb to get up to Post! Interesting that Niketown and Levis are both losing their leases.
On software patents:First define what with software is truly novel. Doing such-and-such in the cloud should be no different than doing it on the Internet, on the TV, or through the mail.Second, determine how you can make a "concept" patentable-- including processes, algorithms, and transformations. Patents are for embodiments of ideas, not the ideas themselves. The legalese of saying an idea is an embodiment of an idea corrupts this process.On litigation and the current...
$60B is about 6 days trading value spread over 400 trading days. If executed well, it can mess with HFT and Day Traders, but it remains to be seen how much it can impact market dynamics.