or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

Fundamentally, it is hard for me to imagine that the tower concept will really survive long-term. The drive problem is solved with NAS; you can have a NAS box with whatever performance requirements are necessary for your task, and a price to match. You can also stick the NAS in a rack if need be. To me, it means that the pro box needs 10Gb networking or the ability to aggregate 2-4 interfaces.Does Apple really stand a chance in the $30k workstation arena?
The round glass is likely the only thing that has a huge premium for the project, unless they insist on having curved steel beams as well. In terms of form, they need a central "quad" either way, and rectangular would likely be too similar to 1 Infinite Loop. There is also something to be said about working in an inspiring environment.I worked on a building where the curvature of the exposed steel was "value engineered" out, and it really did destroy the beauty of the...
It was 80% because Samsung shot themselves in the foot with the early announcement... Next quarter the S4 is sure to be 80% and the iPhone 20%ยก
Yeah... they botched that one. Enough said. Terrible strategic decision. Likely done to make sure Apple was on people's minds going into the holiday shopping season.As someone else said in another thread, the iMacs should have been updated six months earlier with a speed bump only, and the new form factor announced at the end of January. iPhones need to ship early enough that they are readily available throughout December, but late enough that they are still new.I...
My two cents... I'm disappointed that Apple doesn't appear to have anything for the next 5-6 months that could be a game changer, because that is the only way the stock could get back to $600. But, I am happy about the share repurchase, as it seems to track pretty well with the reduced profit expectation, so EPS should flatten out to a point of stability. As for the punditry talking about what Apple should make now, it is amusing. The reason the 4 and 4S are still so...
Yeah... I was disappointed they didn't do any better on Mac units with stock available. The lack of recovering margins would seem to indicate they aren't controlling costs. I'll echo your "hopefully they have something big coming," because without it they are going to need to change a lot as a company.
Sure, if you are ok with $8B next year, $6.5B the following year, and $5.5B the next it is fine. The concern is not what they did today, it is that it isn't as good as yesterday, and what it might look like tomorrow! For a stockholder, the implied PE of that kind of move is about a 4.0.Their share repurchase plan sounds good; hopefully they already bought some 2014 calls and locked in the price before the announcement. Basically, the shares they are taking off the table...
Yeah... What we really need is Personal Clouds. Maybe we could get them in a box that goes under our desks...
The CEO is responsible for the company first and foremost, true. However, they have a responsibility to speak up and take action if the stock has a drop like they have. $700->600 I am willing to tolerate silence. By $500, I really expect executives to be buying stock as a show of confidence. At $400... well, let's hope earnings tells the story. If it doesn't though, I want to know what the company is going to do to address shareholder value.I have no objections to Tim,...
That has basically been Microsoft's strategy for the past 12 years. Look where it has gotten them. I expect Cook can do much better than that, but what should investors expect?