or Connect

Posts by aaarrrgggh

The CEO is responsible for the company first and foremost, true. However, they have a responsibility to speak up and take action if the stock has a drop like they have. $700->600 I am willing to tolerate silence. By $500, I really expect executives to be buying stock as a show of confidence. At $400... well, let's hope earnings tells the story. If it doesn't though, I want to know what the company is going to do to address shareholder value.I have no objections to Tim,...
That has basically been Microsoft's strategy for the past 12 years. Look where it has gotten them. I expect Cook can do much better than that, but what should investors expect?
The profit increased, but the bottom line growth rate tanked and the top line growth rate was only ok. Fundamentally there is concern that margin compression is permanent in smartphones, so recovery on the bottom line growth seems unlikely.At this point, I just want to be as pessimistic as possible. I don't want to be crying in the fetal position with the lights out in 24 hours. Apple needs to do something to get its mojo back.In contrast, with a company like MS, the...
First off, it was not Apple's best quarter ever. It was a quarter with record revenue and record profits (by a narrow margin), but best quarter implies fundamentally improving underlying data... which there was none. Secondly, the concern investors have is that the top line is structurally flattening; AAPL is at its peak profit point, where the price/unit mix for the iphone is no longer optimized. If earnings are declining, the question to ask is how quickly, and what...
I think that is actually pretty easily explained; no one model dominates the broader android market, so even if its followers double the regular sales rate it is only a 10-20% bump to the overall numbers. The bump also subsides much faster, so it just becomes noise in quarterly data.I wonder what it would take for Apple to replicate their success in the US in some of the other larger markets. Does it come down to first-mover advantage in a given market?
Report from one of the analysts that iPhone numbers will disappoint. The only thing that I can imagine justifying this level of a drop is if Apple actually misses their own guidance. While I am not a fan of engineering results, with the measures they have in place already for buybacks I would think they can get the EPS in-line. Apple basically guided for a low-end EPS of $8.85 and a high-end of 9.87. The street is still averaging around $10. So, if Apple didn't...
I much prefer the notion of nervous apps afraid they will be relocated to a less desirable position, or worse, be deleted to "jiggle mode."
And so, electronics stores become more and more like Department Stores... further trivializing their existence. Great for Samsung, though; they can try and cross-sell the washers and dryers with their latest phones and TVs.
If they have the aquifer, it is a shame to use the water for evaporative cooling rather than ground-source heat rejection. That is a big loss of water for communities downstream. Hopefully there is much more to it than identified in the article... As for why not use a cooler location, there are a number of issues to balance, including power cost and availability, network, utility reliability, natural hazards, human hazards, road access, access to staff, cost of land,...
You have first sale rights with physical media, but for whatever reason we lose that with digital downloads.