or Connect

Posts by clickmyface

I sincerely hope they toilet papered his office. Or nailed whatever furniture he has to the ceiling. Or built a full sized OS X dock that barely fits inside. In any case, thats good to hear.
I was stating a fact - computers come with full size USB ports, not micro. This new standard forces apple to include a microUSB to USB adapter to make desktop syncing possible. To charge and sync my iPhone, I require only 2 things: iPhone-to-full size USB cable and a full size USB to wall plug. The new standard will require 3 things: iPhone to microUSB cable, microUSB wall plug, and microUSB to full size USB adapter. Do you see how 2 plastic things becomes 3 plastic...
Ok, so you are as lost as I am in the specifics. Does this "standard" mean that all phones have a hardware microUSB port? Or is it saying that all phones can have whatever connector they want, so long as the end that plugs into the charger is microUSB? Nobody has clarified this. So either Apple has committed to A) building a microUSB port into the iPhone hardware that goes from micro to a micro wall charger and then including a micro to USB adapter for syncing or B) Dock...
Yeah, I don't understand this. Every single computer on earth has a standard sized USB port. This "standard" is being applied only to smartphones. Smartphones are 99.9% likely to be plugged into a computer (via standard USB, as its the only option.) Therefor this "standard" forces users to purchase a microUSB-to-usb cable to connect to their computer. A standard touting less waste is now adding more waste, requiring yet another manufactured item to be...
LOL. So, probably not even the guys at the security firm who found the vulnerability.
Oh come on Apple, just drop the cash and build a nation wide LTE network that can power every iphone, ipod, and mac. You've got the cash!
Apple is always going to have leaps and bows. Consider that the initial introduction of the iPhone was perceived by all in the industry to be an extraordinary leap forward in technology and innovation. Consider then that the second leap refined and pulled in a further increase of customers. Now the company is touting without question the most powerful development suite for mobile platforms to have ever existed. People will wait for whats next. RIM and others, it doesnt...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sony is one of the original group of companies who created DVDs - owning vital patents - and currently receives license fees for anyone who wants to make DVD and DVD related products (such as DVD players.) If you make a DVD or DVD player, you must enter into a legal licensing permission agreement with Sony (and other companies) to do so. That agreement includes paying them. Apple has no agreement with Pystar, nor did Pystar attempt to obtain...
In what way does forcing Apple to let any company modify and resell OS X create "more competition" among operating systems?Psystar is not offering a new OS, they are not offering any form of competition in the OS market. They are simply modifying and reselling the operating system developed over the last 30 years by Apple.It is reasonable to assume that Apple only charges $129.00 for their operating system because they subsizie many costs by selling Apple designed hardware...
I like the last sentence in the PDF where it asks for them to cover attorneys fees for wasting everybodys time and failing to comply.