or Connect

Posts by turnwrite

Err.. Why not? I mean, if you actually disagree with her on issues, that's one thing, but it doesn't seem like her last name should have any bearing on how effective of a President she will be.Just because she's a Clinton.. So what? So her husband was President, too. So what? Does that mean she will be a bad President?
It ends up working like a barter. You can spend it anywhere you can convince people to take it. According to them, this is just about anywhere, though I'm sure average McDonald's cashiers would have a hard time accepting this... But I'm wondering about, once you get someone who's going to accept it, how does it work? Is one Liberty Dollar equal to one US dollar? Wouldn't it be worth much more, being based on actual silver? How does that exchange rate work?
Well, this forum is swarming with libertarians, so I'm hoping a few of you will be able to help me out with a certain conundrum I ran into recently. The Liberty Dollar. https://www.libertydollar.org/index.php After extensively looking at their website, I'm afraid I still do not quite understand. It seems like a good idea, but there are several things which confuse me, so if anyone would care to clarify and elaborate, that would be wonderful. Does it actually...
This right here is an argument for public schools.
I have one word for all of you: MODERATION. Franksargent says: Businesspeople acting like criminals, nope, never heard of that happening! Jubelum says: People on endless welfare programs cheating the system and stealing from their fellow citizens, nope, never heard of that happening! Obviously both of these things do happen, which is why we need systems in place to stop both of them. That's why we don't want an extremist government from either side, libertarian or...
The interesting thing about Ron Paul though.. Is that even if he were elected, which is unlikely, it is far more unlikely that he would actually be able to do much once in office. He is way too radical and uncompromising. I mean, abolishing the income tax, abolishing welfare? Not just cutting back on these things, but getting rid of them? Our Democratic Congress would never go for that, and a President can't just do whatever he wants without getting the support of...
Just finished Dangerous Visions by Harlan Ellison. Great anthology of disturbing sci-fi stories.Scientology?
That is a pretty good book, but it's not as good as Douglas Adams' earlier take on the same concept, in "The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul."
Erg... I really want these books, they sound amazing. But I just don't have the money to spare right now.. I did get Freakonomics as a gift, I am about a third of the way through it and find it fascinating. He totally flip-flops cause and effect on a lot of topics.
Well, they just seem to dodge issues a lot, and not have a clear stance. For instance, they fancy themselves as completely in favor of "freedom." Yet their party has no official stance on gay marriage, and members of the party have argued against it. They also have no clear stance on abortion. Also, the environment section of their website pretty much avoids all the current environmental issues, albeit in an eloquent manner. And then there are the huge, uncompromising...