or Connect

Posts by turnwrite

So I have recently been looking into the Libertarian Party. After reading about them both from their official site, the wiki, and other assorted pages, I find them to be a very interesting party, to say the least. I'm not sure yet as to whether I overall agree with them or not. Some of their stances I find to be laughably stupid, yet others seem unique and really intelligent. So does anyone here have an opinion on libertarians? For those who are curious, here is...
Just started "The Ayn Rand Cult" to get a criticism of the Objectivist ideas. I'm pretty unsatisfied with it so far though, it seems to more a critique of Ayn Rand's personality than her ideas. Oh well, maybe it will get better.
Yeah, it's pretty good. Loads better then the Diary of Anne Frank.
I looked that book up on Amazon, it looks AMAZING. I am definitely adding that to my "To Buy" list.Just finished "Flowers For Algernon." It was okay, now I'm reading "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz. Reminds me of the Sixth Sense so far, but I'm only on Chapter 3.. Has anyone here read "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner? I saw it in a store the other day, and it looked intriguing, but I didn't have much time to peruse it..
(edited out)
(edited out)
Dammit. I just posted a long sarcastic response to this thread, but then realized it was mean and obnoxious so I deleted it. Now someone should come along and delete this entire post. Ugh. I'm such an idiot.
Perhaps: "Wü?"
Never mind, I solved my own problem.. In case anyone else is curious or has the same trouble, use ffmpegX, which can be downloaded here: http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ Extremely easy, and works much better than VLC.
So.. I have a PowerBook G4 and a cheap little video camera. The camera records to .asf files, which is just fine on my PC. Sadly, these files do not seem to open on my Mac. I really would rather edit them here than on the PC, is there a way to do this? I have both iMovie and Final Cut Pro, can either of these open .asf files?