or Connect

Posts by bauman

The idea behind it is that iTunes will manage your music for you. It will keep everything in one consolidated folder, organized by artist and album. Of course, you can disable this "feature" by going to the preferences and under advanced uncheck "Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to Library" I personally like the way iTunes does it, so I just let iTunes keep track of everything in it's own place, and then I don't...
Yeah, you can do that, too. Most should work, but there may be a few that won't due to serial number authentication or other required files that you didn't copy. Yeah, you need a firewire cable where both ends are 6-pin... they're pretty standard and probably cost about ten bucks. Not quite, but it's the same idea. It's been a loooong time since I've used OS 9, but if I remember correctly, after you've booted up with the CD (using the same method as above - holding down...
Right, but in my book, just getting the picture is really the most important thing. I make no claims to being a photographer, and so for me, the important thing is that the picture is taken so I can remember the event. For this purpose, it's best to a) have a digital camera where I am uninhibited to take a lot of pictures and b) have it small enough so that it's not prohibitive. What good is a camera that's so expensive that you don't feel okay taking it with you or a...
Ah, I understand. You just want to make sure no data is left on the computer before you sell it. All your data is stored on the hard drive - nothing is permanently stored elsewhere. You don't need to physically remove the hard drive to do this; you can simply completely erase everything on the disk. However, if I read into your post correctly, you are buying a new Mac, and want to sell your old computer to recoup some of the cost, right? This would mean that you...
Let me try and make this a little clearer for you. These theologians are not disapproving of Christianity, nor are they bashing Christianity. They are disapproving of the way that G. W. B. is using Christianity and God's Will in order to justify war (and his presidency). Read the article again. In fact, these 31 theologians are not just academics, but I would venture to guess quite a few of them are seminary students. Here's an excerpt from the UChicago Divinity...
After realizing using DVDs was just a waste of money (and too time consuming) to back stuff up on, I just bought a cheap 250 GB hard drive, and use CCC to back stuff up weekly. Why just copy a few things, when you can save it all? It works great.
Oooh, oooh, I know. Complain about the second board to the point where they send you a third, and give the second to me! I'll pay shipping Maybe it will be better on the third... you never know.
You lucky bastard.
Really? I mount a smb share regularly through an alias with a saved password. Never any problems. The one thing that gets me, though, is that my Mac seems to have a problem holding on to the server. This is simply not a problem with on a PC (which is mapped to the same server), so I don't think it's the server. It always sucks when you're working off of the server, and then it gets disconnected, and you easily lose all your work if you don't tip-toe around.
The Terminal can be daunting, but it isn't all that hard. You really only need to know about four commands. An IDE isn't a bad idea to begin with, but I never liked the way they felt. First, I use SubEthaEdit to create the plain text .java source files. Now, if you've never used the terminal before, it'd be a good time to get acquainted. The Terminal is kinda like the finder... you use it to move around the file system and run other programs from within it. ...