or Connect

Posts by solipsism

Wow! You sure showed meĀ” You put a handful of components together, appended a price you think is fair and completely ignored Apple's market focus. I'm surprised Apple has hried you to run their company with that level of detail and understanding of computers and their marketĀ”
If you pointed out a Bald Eagle sitting on a perch he'd reply there is no perch because Seagulls and Pigeons outnumber Eagles.
1) Now I know why Android used desserts for their code names. It was lure Woz to their camp. 2) Even with such better specs on paper they can't keep pace with the iPhone 4S. Even look at the Samsung Galaxy S II, a device previously touted as an iPhone killer, which comes with a dual-core Cortex-A9 at 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz is on par with the single-core Cortex-A8 from 2010 in the browser tests. That's just pathetic and give Apple no reason to compete harder. 3) This just...
That's the world of Windows-based vendors, not Apple. I clearly explained there is no viable market FOR APPLE BECAUSE THERE IS NO MONEY FOR APPLE. Apple already takes the lion share of the profuts from the PC market and the notebook sector is growing. Your suggesting is they spend 10x as much effort in the Mac department to make 2% great profit while bringing down their revenue and profit per unit drastically. It's simply not going to happen.
Actually I did bring it up as post script after making my original statement about the Kindle Fire.I thought those that would find browser performance stats about Fire interesting might also find browser performance stats about the latest "iPhone killers" interesting.I don't think GatorGuy doesn't like having no defense of how a much newer and faster HW can't easily best the iPhone 4S using a nearly year old chipset.But even a 'PS' it's still relevant. Everyone keeps...
They don't. In one JS test the Droid RAZR even did slightly worse than the iPhone 4S despite having a clock speed 50% faster than in the iPhone. And in no test was the these 1.2GHz devices showing 50% faster JS rendering. What is the point of having a 50% faster CPU over optimized code?
Sure, the patent is useless if you choose not to do anything with it, but it's still your patent. What Bancho is correctly stating is that you have to actively be defending and using your trademark or risk losing rights to them. Remember when the iPhone appeared in 2007 and Cisco had an issue because they felt they owned the rights to iPhone which was part of a 2000 buyout of InfoGear, and they retired the product usage completely by 2001. No one was saying InfoGear didn't...
Those that are buying this as a tablet aren't likely to care much. It's the same mentality that has those buying $400 PCs and still running IE6. It's just not something they consider. PS: Speaking of JS performance has Google dropped the ball with their engine or just dropped the ball with their Android browser? As you can see in the link below the Galaxy Nexus and Droid RAZR on par with the iPhone 4S in JS yet those machines have a 50% faster CPU and 2x more RAM. I'd...
The iTunes Store would count as one major product, but in the quote I assume they are referring to physical products, not services as products. Jobs changed a lot, but I don't think it's fair to say that moved to being services-centric. There fortune is had from HW sales. They have created a services ecosystem to tie in with their OSes that are tied to their devices. I'd say Jobs tightened that bond between SW and HW, not just with SW services, but with also pushing Apple...
Where have you tried Windows 8 with the Metro UI running on ARM?