or Connect

Posts by solipsism

I bet survey doesn't cover how these potential tablet buyers werent tablet buyers when the price of entry started at $500, not $200. I bet the Kindle is more like the iPod Touch in introducing people to a new way of computing. Fr the Fire it introduces them to the tablet concept, with the Touch it introduces them to Apple and iOS ecosystem. I predict record iPad sales this quarter.
So we've gone from "the iPad isn't a personal computer because you have to connect it to a Mac/PC running iTunes to activate it" to "iPads aren't personal computers because they can't do as much as Mac OS/Windows"? I guess that makes only Windows tablets personal computers, but what about Windows 8 that will ue a new UI specifically for the touch UI? Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. The idea that it's not a personal computer unless users can have carte blanche...
Where are they stats that say they want one over the iPad, which is not the same as likely getting a Kindle Fire instead of an iPad due to the low cost. I want my own private jet over flying coach, but you guess which one is more likely to happen first?You are trying to paint a picture that iPad sales will fall and that somehow the iPad will lose out in the market, but that's simply not the case. Here's how I (we all) know this: 1) Kindle Fire is a loss leader which means...
You're right, I read your PPI to mean total number of pixels, same resolution. But that just makes your point worse because while items, like icons, on the display will be the same size there is now a lot more display area to cover. This makes a new UI even more difficult as you have to build from the ground up to deal with a new resolution. Assuming a 16:9 aspect ratio for the Kindle Fire your talking a about 20.92"^2 for a 7" display and 33.82"^2 for an 8.9" display....
I suppose it's better than Steve Balljobs.
My fault, so no need to feel sorry. I noticed they have a 1st gen with 32GB and 3G for $400 on their refurbished site. I might go ahead and do that.
Um… no they won't be the same size because you defined the pixels as being identical and the dispaly areas as being larger, which by definition means the pixels will be larger.Or they can have the same poi, but the resolution is different and there it's a different UI.
Interesting thought. I haven't looked in a holiday catalog in years. I guess if you see tablets and other handheld computing devices over 'PCs' then we really are in the Post-PC era.You'd think after 100 posts they'd know better, unless they were trying to be an ass.I recently lost my iPad 2. I left it somewhere. Now I'm wishing I would have paid for the 3G and AT&T's month fee. Made Find My iPad a pointless feature for a locked WiFI iPad that doesn't auto find networks....
I didn't think I'd ever agree with Katy Huberty but when you're making such obvious general statements I suppose it's bound to happen. I've love to see a China Mobile iPhone. They have already surpassed Jobs 1% without even having an official device, and one that can only do good as EDGE data on the cellular network.
I chose the cheapest of the original iPads because performance wise it's closer to the Kindle. They just didn't have any 16GB WiFi-only models to choose from, but that would get you closer to $300 by dropping 3G+GPS and halving the storage. IOW, I think Amazon won't be able to sell a larger Kindle Fire without first making the OS much more robust and versatile."Apple's Black Friday sale offers $101 off MacBook Pros, iMacs and 13-inch MacBook Airs, in addition to $41 off...