or Connect

Posts by solipsism

At 7" and $200 I think they have a strong product, but if they want to fly closer to the sun they make sure their OS isn't made of so much wax. Maybe at $300 for an 8.9" they would still be until the radar for those unaware of what you can get a used or refurbished iPad first from Apple. Right now, a refurbished 1st generation32GB iPad with Wi-Fi+3G 32GB is $400.
They even made unique Home Screen icons of a difference size and spacing instead of just scaling them by pixel sizes to make them bigger.I can't believe going into 2012 ass hats are still claiming the iPad is just s big iPod Touch. Maybe if they realized they rewrote the UI from the bottom up to be idealized for the display, which is also completely different aspect ratio not just size, they'd realize why Android never had a chance by simply scaling up to fit a larger...
MR is like Digg, Engadget, or Gizmodo forums. They use vBulletin at MR just like AI but you can't have a decent conversation. I read those those sites, but stay away from their forums. AI simply has the best overall forum posters. I do participate in AnandTech forums for articles, but usually to ask a question not directly answered in an article. Those people are relics of computer eras gone by. They really hate Apple, their philosophy and even get update with the site...
Thanks for the image: That's why I haven't asked all these years. I knew the answer would be a let downWhile I think that would be Apple's best move, I am still leaning toward Apple not diluting the iOS iDevice display sizes. Adding a new size with a new SDK just adds to the complexity of having a windowless OS system. We've seen how this works on Android and it's not good, but if anyone can do it right it's Apple. Maybe after the 320x480 iPhone 3GS (and cheaper iPod...
I'm never been able to figure out what that ASCII art is suppose to be.
edit: Gatorguy can have his poorly engineered HW and OS that' trying to keep up with 2 generation old iPhones.
This is the kind of shit that makes you sound like a troll. Ending your comment with "'nuff said" like it was some sort of "Yo, Mama!' joke on the streets, and this crap about Apple doesn't care about specs.Apple clearly focuses more on the specifications of their products more than any other their competitors. It's how they were able to figure out how to mill a quality notebook at a reasonable price from a solid piece of aluminium. It's how they were able to continually...
Of course not. Since when has Apple ever not created a unique UI for their iOS-based devices of difference screen resolutions?
Why didn't they call the iPad an iPod Touch? You can't put everything into the same product category for shits and giggles and expect it to succeed. The 5-7" 3:2 device is much closer to the iPod category than the iPad. It would help prop up the iPod's dropping sales and be seen as a great alternative to whatever Sony and Nintendo plan to make in the handheld console market. It would fit in a purse, something an iPad can't do not should be able to do. Bottom line: you add...
I don't think so. Shrinking the iPad OS in half wouldn't be ideal. I'd think a 5-7" iPod Touch with the 3:2 aspect ratio and a brand new version of iOS UI for the device would be more likely.