or Connect

Posts by jowie74

Hi all, I recently bought a PCI-E wireless card for my Power Mac G5 (Late 2005)... It was really cheap from Hong Kong and required drivers to be installed to run. The slight annoyance with it is that it isn't recognized as an AirPort card (although it was advertised with the word "AirPort" - naughty)... When it boots up it auto-launches this really horrible control software... The AirPort menu item just says "not connected" and everything has to be done through this...
I gave him very good feedback
Yep, just got back from returning it... Full cash refund, can't say fairer than that. Lesson learned I agree, however I guess I would still have put the monitor to use had he not agreed to the refund.
One thing though... The buttons on the front were fine... They were disabled in the System Preferences... oops.
Yeah that's what I decided, thanks. I contacted him and said although I did appreciate that he had mentioned about the brightness, I couldn't dismiss the fact that it was pretty obviously a real technical issue with the unit. When you dim the brightness the monitor strobes, and the light flashes twice quickly then once slowly. Looking this up shows that there is a problem with the inverter... Replacing the inverter can cost $100 or more. He's been pretty fine about it, and...
Would be lovely, but unfortunately I can't afford to spend that amount right now, hence the punt on eBay. I could do that, but I'm not sure I'd get that much. I only paid £26 ($43) and it was local pick-up. I don't think I could do anything other than local pick-up because it has no box. I guess I'll try and see if he's happy taking a refund. I've seen them sell for about £90-£100 ($150 ish), but those ones are usually in perfect condition.
Hi all, I just got back from picking up a monitor I bought on eBay. It's the old ADC Apple Cinema HD Display (23"). The seller had it listed sayingNow I've connected it up, it is apparent that the screen is quite a lot dimmer in the bottom half of the screen. And it is definitely noticeable on a lot more than just a white background. It is less noticeable while playing DVDs but then it's going to be so when there's a lot of darker colours and movement. After looking at...
Hi all, I'm thinking of upgrading my Time Capsule 500GB to 1TB and I'd like some recommendations on replacement drives. I've heard Western Digital do a 'green' low-power drive, but I think they're only 5400 rpm. I'd like something that is quiet, reliable and low-powered, but I don't want it to be any slower than the one I already have. I'd prefer WD or Seagate because I've always found them to be the most reliable... Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks!...
Personally, I'm a little disappointed. Only because I was mainly hoping for a software update, maybe bringing a new App Store paradigm to the Apple TV, starting a whole new market in app/game production based on a TV interface. Hardware-wise, I personally prefer local storage, because I looked upon the Apple TV as a "TV iPod" where I didn't have to have another machine on in the house for playing music and videos through my TV. But now I can see why Apple updated the...
Yes, I mean when it's plugged in.