or Connect

Posts by stompy

These look suspiciously like weasel words to me. Davidson has stated that partners can leave MCX anytime they wish, that there are no fines for using competing mobile payments. Now he states that "in the future," CurrentC and Apple Pay could be "side-by-side". Any of the following things could be true, and wouldn't contradict what Davidson said. 1. Merchants currently under MCX contract can choose fines or dissolving their MCX ties.2. The "fine" is that merchants don't get...
Unfortunately, it won't be the last time execs are blinded by the Walmart brand. (Or maybe Walmart spikes the water when they meet with other execs!)
Agreed. Publicly, Walmart has been conspicuous in its defense of MCX/CurrentC; I'd bet Walmart execs will be spending some quality time reassuring MCX pigeons partners that this is just a bump in the road on the way to $$$
I'm sure there's a lot of second-guessing, but probably not from Walmart execs. Every other merchant could flee, and Walmart would go it alone. If I were to speculate , I'd guess Walmart execs (along with those at MCX ) are doing their best to reassure the passengers on THEIR ship.  Walmart has been working many banking related angles to cut costs for a long time, MCX is just the most visible...
I checked a couple of them out yesterday, one of the best is (intentionally) very funny. https://itunes.apple.com/us/reviews?userProfileId=28232442 It's entitled "Amazing app makes me the product!" It gets better from there; don't miss the line about "enterprising programmers in foreign lands" .... prescient! (or maybe just common sense, knowing what clowns are behind MCX.)
I thought you were joking, but it's the top line on CNBC right now. They claim only email addresses lost, but then spin it with this gem: "Many of these email addresses are dummy accounts used for testing purposes only." I guess it could get worse for these clowns, but I'm enjoying the show so far!
  Roller skates!
 I bet MCX will return their sign up fees, too. No?  I guess we'll see which retailers decide to ride it out, and which ones decide to cut their losses. (Since only a few have been called out, I don't expect many of the latter-- if any abandon ship at all.)  "We're haven't figured out how to do that yet."
I'm intrigued to find out how individual channels will be priced. It might even be a new source of income for some people: channels like QVC would have to pay ME to subscribe!
Very succinct. I might add that although typical mom and pop Apple investors might be "up" right now, they are not "his partners."