or Connect

Posts by stompy

Thanks for the correction, I knew model numbers were listed on the rebate form, but now that I've looked it up, those were just iPod model numbers.I think I can help with the second part, "are refurbs included in the promo?" Unless they change the promo from the last 2 years, refurbs won't qualify. Here's the text from the 2007 rebate form: "PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: This offer is available only on purchases of new products. All Macintosh computers and the Configure-to-order...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the back to school promo always been tied to specific model numbers? Models not on the list at the start of the promo aren't added.Edit: I was wrong, see Achiever's post below.
You think? Wonder why the touch wasn't included in last year's back to school promo?
Were you actually surprised? Oh, I know, you just forgot the smileys.
The most sensible change would be to put a 3.5" drive in the mini. Whenever this idea is repeated, the first thing that comes to my mind is the image of Jobs introducing the mini. The look on his face says "Can you believe this is the whole computer?" Jobs + mini A computer the width and depth of a TC would have been just as well received by everyone-- except Jobs.
How about distributing a browser that can't be uninstalled?
Yep, what a difference ANOTHER update makes! When I first posted, none of the user reported discovering the firmware update. I've got something to try now.
Users who've already installed say that this update does nothing for Time Machine over AEBS + attached drive. From what I've read, solipsism is right. Don't get your hopes up until you see an AEBS firmware update (and probably not even then).I'd settle for a resolution to AEBS disks disappearing on computer sleep + wake. (Not in this update either, according to a few reports.)
Just another point of reference, my library has two 7.6.1 rips, one was ok, the other was 3 seconds shorter than the CD. The missing time was originally silent anyway, maybe that's normal? (iMac Intel, Apple Lossless rip)
I should have specified, this will identify the rips that might have the 6 second problem, not the specific tracks.Not sure what rule would get you the last tracks from varying length albums, and I wanted to limit the results to 1 track / album so I could quickly scan the "Encoded with" info. (My assumption is that all tracks on an album would be ripped with the same software/version.)