or Connect

Posts by stompy

Apple has soldered batteries on all of their flash iPods; while this decision might be based on research with some other product (possibly the mini), Apple didn't change course because of prior experience with flash iPods. The iPhone and iPod touch also have soldered battery leads, but I'd treat these products more gently than a regular iPod. I don't know if expected abuse is the reason here.I agree that Apple shouldn't sacrifice important qualities (reliability,...
Every full size iPod (Classic) has had a connector for the battery. The hard drive alone makes this unit more failure prone than the nanos, is Apple choosing to make them even more failure prone by not soldering the battery, or is it something else?
Would it be ok for Apple to make it easier for their own technicians to do battery replacements? What good is it doing to solder the battery to the main board?
My nephew has fixed a number of dropped iPods for friends. Most high schoolers can't afford to drop another $200 like that. Or throwing out an iPod when a $10 battery will make it new? Well, at Apple's battery repair prices, yeah... it would hardly be worth it.
Check iNukeIt for latest teardowns..
Already done. (Last pic on iFixit's page.)Apple seems to delight in making iPod repairs more painful each gen. The next ipod's outer case will be a blister pack.
Some people are fanatic about Fujitsu plasmas, some about Aquos LCD, others only want a Sony BDP. Like you, they don't consider other brands as "equivalent. (As for the Sony BDPs, didja notice the BDP300 premiered for 50% off the BDP-1000). And for the record, I'm happy that Jobs did the $100 gift.
I doubt the store had anything like this on the windows. Simple, inexpensive, and would probably have been pretty effective here.
I buried Paul.
Let us know, won't you? That will keep me up nights!