or Connect

Posts by stompy

I nominate this as "Best Post of 2011."
And the little lights aren't twinkling.
Thanks for the story. It always amazes me when someone relates a story on a forum, and just tells the facts. Seriously. Welcome, and good luck!
True, many of his comments support your statement. If there's one thing that every Hollywood exec knows about Apple, it's that "They killed the music industry.... but they won't kill us".
This. Reading the original story includes this gem: "Coakley said her office was pursuing a "common sense" approach to enforcement and notification."Martha, don't let your office have all the fun! How 'bout you pursue some of that "common sense" for yourself?
Irrelevant sidenote: handbrake replaced their own decryption with VLC libraries almost 3 years ago. I don't think it was ever the best mac decrypter. It was handy for converting a disc or two; I'm happy the Devs are focused on improving what handbrake does best.
There are worse places.
He's probably quoting Ballmer. Here's another chesnut: "There is no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market."
That appears to kill apps on my phone. I've tried with several, restarting from the task list returns me to exactly where I was. If I remove it from the list, the next time the app goes through a full start.It seems to me that iOS manages running apps: a place in the list doesn't imply the app is still running, but removing it from the list guarantees that it's stopped.