or Connect

Posts by stompy

He's probably quoting Ballmer. Here's another chesnut: "There is no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market."
That appears to kill apps on my phone. I've tried with several, restarting from the task list returns me to exactly where I was. If I remove it from the list, the next time the app goes through a full start.It seems to me that iOS manages running apps: a place in the list doesn't imply the app is still running, but removing it from the list guarantees that it's stopped.
Two words: privilege escalation. One more word: fixed.
Thanks for taking the time to write this all up, very interesting potential uses you pointed out. (A single post like this is miles better that many of the "speculation" threads that go on for pages.)
I'm IN! I've been begging for a more reflective screen from the beginning!
Sorry jb, my reply was completely facetious, I was agreeing with you. Looks like I didn't put the smiley in the right place. My comment about no changes needed "since people already have one or more ways of preventing it" was basically a reaction to maestro64's rant.
You're obviously not getting it. There's no need for Apple to change anything since people already have one or more ways of preventing it. (Am I right or am I right? Agree with me, and we'll just forget all that nonsense you posted earlier? )
You're not doing it right. "Bobby, every time you tap the screen, an invisible vacuum sucks money from my wallet." Your final sentence summarizes exactly what Apple can do to improve iOS. (Others on this thread should not interpret this statement as "parents don't have any responsibility.")
As many have already said, iOS doesn't handle this well. Let me spell it out for you:1. Child asks for app2. Parent enters password and download app (maybe even pokes around in the app)4. Parent hands device to child5. No additional password required for in-app purchase for 15 minutesDoes every parent understand that the child can make in-app purchases without entering a password? Many here do, I doubt the average person does.
Even if they never say it, that's exactly the feeling the convey. If the talk about european publishers and iPad subscriptions is true, they pretty much have the same mindset. "Without our content, iPad is nothing." Unfortunately for the content heads, a multi-purpose computing device doesn't serve only their ends.