or Connect

Posts by stompy

Got a laugh from me, thanks.Thanks for that, it sounds as though it may be a difficult job. (BTW, I assume you'll post to this thread? If not, I suppose I can search for your recent posts.)
I'll mark that on my calendar then.
davesw and columbus earlier posts have said about everything that needs to be said on this subject.
Excellent, informative post -- not usually seen on AI's lawsuit threads) Googling around, it seems that RIM (separate from the lawsuit) tried to invalidate NTP's patents. As far as I can find, the final outcome there is not yet determined.
Thanks for that one, these boards have been devoid of any sense of humor this week.
There should also be cake. Chocolate, and lots of it.
Check the return policy where you bought it. If you purchased from Apple online, read through this. Unless it is unopened, you will likely be charged a restocking fee.
Don't be too worried if it doesn't take your regular route, I've tested it around town and it rarely chooses routes I'd pick. (But then again, my 1 year old Garmin doesn't either.) I suppose what matters is whether it gets you there without too much trouble.I'd suppose if you enter your trip into MapQuest's website, you'll see a route close to what the app gives you.I'm on a business trip next week, I'm going to test my theories first hand, leaving the dedicated GPS at home.
It starts out speaking a compass direction, but if I remember correctly from the 2-3 times I've used it, it will speak "left" or "right" turns. Text to speech (TTS) is not available as far as I'm aware. I wish it were more full-featured, but for now, I take it as a positive sign that some decent, free competition is coming to the iPhone. (The paid apps are already there.)
I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread yet, but MapQuest has a free app with turn by turn and voice. It works pretty well. The voice is definitely not as smooth as a dedicated device, but it's an improvement over the built in maps app.http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mapqu...316126557?mt=8 Edit: Article claims "A number of GPS navigation applications already exist on the App Store, though they are not free." Either writer isn't aware of the MapQuest app, or