or Connect

Posts by casey4147

...at least they seem to be on track with this prediction... http://media.bestofmicro.com/7/U/240.../691404701.jpg
I recall an episode of the British TOP GEAR automobile show where Jeremy Clarkson equated a SIM tray in the dash of one of the latest super cars as turning it into the world's most expensive cell phone. People are thinking the wrong way with SIMs. Not only can you transfer your phone to another network, you can pull the SIM from one device (your phone0 and put it into another (your car, for true hands-free calling while driving and keeping your cell number). Bluetooth...
Angry Birds is eminently playable on a Macbook Pro using the trackpad. Why not use the Magic Trackpad (although it'd need a gyroscope added to it for tilt detection and maybe be cheaper than $70) as a controller for the AppleTV? let the ATV download apps and you're all set. C'mon, Apple, make it so!
...Maybe they thought it best to get them out of China in a hurry...
Suggested fix for that statement: It's hard to JUSTIFY a $35 hardcover new release when you can get the ebook for $10. Still don't understand why, if all the typesetting is electronic now, the ebook should cost the same as a paper release. Are you telling me that paper & binding is free?
Such odd phrasing for a technology that is supposed to be the wireless equivalent of a wire. Anybody else concerned? Who is this "we" we're talking about? Or am I just being more paranoid than usual?
?!? Perhaps you just need a common frame of reference. "Dock Connector" = the thing on business-oriented PC laptops that allow dumb users to quickly disconnect everything from their laptops without unplugging individual cables. A "dock" is otherwise known as a "port replicator", a device that plugs into the laptop's dock connector and uses that to channel I/O to ports on the replicator, typically Ethernet, Display, Power and in this day and age USB (rather than catering...
Unfortunately, what you describe is the failing point in the PC industry right now. I had to work on a friend's laptop a few weeks ago, wouldn't boot into Windows 7. No restore DVD so I googled how to use the recovery partition and discovered that it was corrupted and couldn't be used. All I needed to do was run a repair so that Windows would boot again, but that wasn't possible as there was nothing viable to boot off of. "Use your backup" doesn't work for consumers. ...
Wal-Mart management does. I know this as I know someone who works in a store. If Wal-Mart is doing it, why not anyone else?
You've obviously never worked retail. Let me explain. Due to printing times, ads can planned out MONTHS in advance. In a store with a weekly ad, perhaps they plan out a month ahead, which would make it right about now assuming they had little to no knowledge that Apple was officially releasing a new iPad. Remember, it was only the week or so before the announcement that Best Buy's computer system logged the new items. So, Best Buy gets official word of the new product,...