or Connect

Posts by JDW

So it's a "viewer."  So what?  If I don't pay, it's only a viewer.  And honestly, when I am sent a Word or Excel file, I can view it on my iPad3 already just fine.  How much better a viewer do we really need on an iPad?   And therein lies the point.  It would appear that MS doesn't want you to be a viewer.  It wants to use this viewer to make you drool over the possibilities of how you could EDIT files on your iPad, hoping you will open your wallet to their annual...
"Beautiful," "exquisite," "sexy," "revolutionary." Poppycock! I've been an apple fan since my Mac 128K in 1984, but my eyes are not blinded like the rest of yours are that I am unable to see how awful that reflective case looks in virtually any environment! It looks absolutely horrible! Even if I had the money and the desire to buy this machine, which I do not, I would avoid buying it for that reason alone. Put a matte finish on it with a slightly glossy coat to solve...
 Thanks for the explanation.  I had been thinking that the sensor could literally see physical features under the outer layer of skin, making it impossible to fake simply by using a copy of the external fingerprint.  But if that "sub-dermal" scanning is, as you say, merely confirming life itself, then there really isn't much that is special about this sensor at all, other than it's high resolution.
I simply don't understand how this can be possible if one takes Apple's "sub-epidermal" statement at face value. Watch the following video on Apple's site, starting at 1:20... http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/videos/#video-touch The way I understood it when presented at the keynote was that it reads the print on the surface of the skin as well as penetrating deeper into the skin to ensure the print could not be faked. I don't write this to attack Apple. I write this to...
My HOPE of positive change in terms of lower carrier pricing will never be crushed by naysayers like you who lurk in forums like this for no other purpose but to seek to crush the hopes of others.As if the sheer number of your posts in this thread wasn't evidence of it already, your above statement is proof that you prefer the sound of your own voice, skimming the words of others so rapidly you are utterly ignorant of what they have said.I need not smash against the wall...
Your numerous posts in this thread (so numerous in fact that this thread almost should bear your name) are not laughable at all. You work for a carrier and will be darned if you let anyone say your beloved employer and the status quo should ever consider the masses — oh yes, THE MASSES — of people who have not yet put your hook in their wallets to become yet another high paying zombie follower who never calls for lower carrier fees. You laugh while you encourage people...
"A FACT"??? Who dictates what a carrier can or cannot do for $10 a month? And why does it magically BECOME possible when one doubles that figure evenly to a cool $20? Preposterous and senseless defending of carriers and the status quo!As to our other misguided friend in this thread who actually WORKS FOR A CARRIER, we should not be surprised he is fighting reason in hopes of giving himself job security. But the genuine "fact" is that "when you lower it, they will...
The phone is NOT free. Anyone who thinks that is an idiot. And spare me the quips, "Hey, but it DOES mean I don't have to pay anything EXTRA." Sorry, pal, but that "extra" you speak of, even if $850, is pittance compared to the carrier fees that you will rack up over the next few years. SoftBank charges about $70 a month in base fees to use an iPhone in Japan. 70 x 12 = $840 annually, or $4200 over 5 years. Yes, you need to think long term because it's not like you...
Yes we know why these cards are failing.  It is due to heat. (And although I agree that those pesky whiskers that grow over time out of Pb-free solder can cause shorts, those are not the cause of iMac video card failures.)    I had AppleCare when I purchased my Nov. 2009 iMac i7 2.8GHz.  It had some freezing issues a year later so I took it in to the Apple Store in Nagoya Japan, but sadly they didn't find anything wrong.  Then a few months after my AppleCare expired...