or Connect

Posts by JDW

Had Steve Job's finger never snapped Apple would have never come to be, and the device on which you are trolling us would not exist. Please stop doing a "SIRI works great for me so if it doesn't for you, you must be rare exceptions" thing on us.  Be supportive of your fellow Apple lovers.  There's no cause to be an "Apple always does everything to the best of their ability" yes-man.  We like Apple.  We buy AAPL stock.  We unload our wallets to support the company.  And I...
 Did you even read the article?Are you aware I am replying on-topic?That answers all your questions soundly. But I will be even more specific and repeat myself: SIRI stinks a lot of the time here in Japan.  And from the looks of the article and the posts of others, it's a global thing. Steve Jobs blasted Apple staff when they screwed up under his watch.  In the aftermath of the MobileMe fumble he told Apple employees the following: "You've tarnished Apple's reputation ......
You seem to be have been successful channeling SIRI.  Congratulations.
Indeed.  :-) But if Steve Jobs were alive he would be giving the SIRI team hell.  I am not saying Mr. Cook is doing a bad job at the helm, but I don't believe he is giving the SIRI team as much hell as Jobs would have.   Apple needs to THINK DIFFERENT to make SIRI a lot better.
I don't know how SIRI is where you gentlemen are, but here in Japan it stinks to the highest heaven on my iOS 8 iPad3.  And no, it does NOT get better with time.  It won't even respond most of the time unless my room is pin-drop quiet or I put my mouth up against the mic.  Even then it doesn't understand me most of the time, and when it does understand it says it can't help me most of the time.  It still can't figure out who my wife and kids are, despite my attempts at...
You still did not adequately answer my question though (which of course was more a statement of fact than a query).:-)I agree with you about "Apple's reasoning," but that doesn't make me want to buy one. Cost alone doesn't make everyone else want to buy an Air either, seeing that if cost is a factor, many computer buyers would avoid OS X altogether and buy a DELL XPS 13. If the Air had a Retina screen though, I would have bought one for my daughter, seeing she is a...
My point exactly. See, even you don't care about the Air! You are focused on the MacBook! :-)But in answer to your question, no, these aren't the super low power chips that would be used in the fan less MacBook. And although the MacBook too will get Skylake in 2016, unless they hire me to kick some fanny at Cupertino, the MacBook will likely remain handicapped by the single USB-C port.
Until Apple ceases with the foolishness and adds a Retina Display, who the heck cares about the MacBook Air?
That article notwithstanding, it is a known fact Steve Jobs preferred to deal with a team of people numbering 100 or less, mainly because he couldn't remember more names than that.  Steve Jobs was not buddy-buddy with every member of Apple, but rather the core people.  Consider well that Apple has 98,000 employees.  The diversity the article talks about focuses on ALL 98k, not core groups.  So in my post, I was talking about the core groups of engineers, Mr. Ive's team,...
Native Americans account for 1.7% of the US Population, yet they are not mentioned. Is that because 1.7 is a statistically insignificant figure, or is it because they are a minority group who simply don't complain so loudly about such things? Furthermore, if Steve Jobs were picking people, he'd pick the A-players regardless of Melanin content and ethnicity. And to be an A-player, you would need to be rather well educated and somewhat gifted too, which tends to exclude...