or Connect

Posts by JDW

An abundant use of colorful metaphors.  But it's wonderful that you have the FREEDOM to vent steam here.  And I find it wonderful that those who disagree with you have that same LIBERTY in this forum.   My "standard" is rooted in Liberty and self-control.  There once was a time someone would slip and fall in a store and they would pick up their aching body and go home.  They didn't blame the store, even if the floor was slick.  But that was before my time.  Even back in...
Yet another person seeking to limit our Freedom. How sad!Moderators tend to censure speech rather than promote a free flow of ideals. I myself am pleased at the article and that we are free to discuss it here, even with heated discussion on all sides. AppleInsider, you have my personal thanks for siding with LIBERTY in your forums!To dislike our talk in this thread is to dislike Genuine Freedom. True freedom doesn't mean everyone will agree with you, or that everyone...
AaronJ, Tim Cook and others shocked at the Indiana "freedom of association" law appear to have only a superficial understanding of what true FREEDOM is. True Freedom doesn't necessarily make everyone happy, but the existence of unhappiness over your neighbor's freedom doesn't mean you should seek to limit the freedom of everyone. An understanding of the U.S. Constiution is important, but how one INTERPRETS the Constitution is tied to their understanding of FREEDOM. ...
Keeping a low profile is right. We hear all about how much money she made from the Apple deal, but yet we hear next to nothing about what she actually does at Apple. Is she some kind of PR figurehead that gives credence to the gold Apple Watch, and nothing more?
Those blades aren't covered with any safety mesh, and they must spin pretty fast to carry such heavy loads. I can see a number of cats getting sliced up in those things when they land. I think it's sort of neat in concept. But America is the most sue-happy country on the planet. How can Amazon get around the Liability issues?
Obama and Tech Leaders and Steve Jobs "in 2012," a year after Steve's Death? I think not!
Lovers of the new Outlook, before forewarned. The new Outlook currently does NOT support Scripts. As a result, one of the best spam filters available, SpamSieve, will not work. Anyone who uses Outlook and anticipates an upgrade to Office 2016 should fire off an email to Microsoft about this, asking that they restore the Scripts menu.
Quote from Steve Jobs: You know how you see a show car, and it%u2019s really cool, and then four years later you see the production car, and it sucks? And you go, What happened? They had it! They had it in the palm of their hands! %u2026What happened was, the designers came up with this really great idea. Then they take it to the engineers, and the engineers go, %u2018Nah, we can%u2019t do that. That%u2019s impossible.%u2019 And so it gets a lot worse. Then they take it...
 Huh???
People complaining about this must be idiots.  To carry an iPhone in one's pocket (which I myself would never do) is one thing, but to leave it in there while sitting down?  Gee!  Let's see...  Why... what will happen if I use my iPhone as a door stop?  Oh, it breaks when I do that. Darn.  I now need to demand Apple supply me with a protective case to prevent damage when I use it as a door stop.   Idiocy abounds.   And by the way, a friend from Taiwan showed me his...