or Connect

Posts by JDW

...from two million people... more than 20,000 purchased an Apple Watch WHAT? 20k is a drop in the bucket relative to 2 million. So 2 million MINUS 20k people purchased what then? Apple Watch SPORT?
Do the promises mentioned in the article pertain to this? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/17/apple_hosed_boffins_drop_0day_mac_ios_research_blitzkrieg/ I'm an Apple fan and love Tim Cook, but six months is an awfully long time.
For the record, starbird73, I haven't lived in the US for the last 20 years.  And although I have to pay sales tax here in Japan, I don't want to buy something in the US and be forced to pay sales tax on it (which I don't legally have to pay), especially since I will have to pay sales tax on it here.  But the problem is that some companies infuriatingly won't ship outside the US, so we who live outside the US often have to buy the item and get it shipped somewhere within...
While referring to TV Steve Jobs once said, "I finally cracked it."     I guess we now know what Steve was talking about.  He must have thrown a brick at his TV and busted the poor thing.   No Apple TV "set" I guess.  Makes sense.  SIRI wouldn't set an Apple TV Set apart, especially when it hears you about as well as the Newton once read handwriting.  (For the record, my Newton 2100 is pretty good at cursive handwriting detection, but SIRI on my WIFI iPad stinks like a...
OREGON The Customer’s Responsibility In cases where the online retailer does not have to collect sales tax, it is the customer’s responsibility to NOT PAY SALES TAX AT ALL in our glorious state. Our state is more awesome than other states as a result, but most Americans haven't figured that out yet and continue to live and pay high taxes in their high cost of living states. We think people should stop linking to blood-sucking LEGAL websites and just shut up and move to...
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at your comment. :-)Saying "big is in" (i.e., big screens are popular these days) does not make the said statement a truth. What does make it a truth is evidence which I presented twice before in this thread — evidence that some of you overlook so as to emphasize your own point. What evidence? Apple created a Plus sized iPhone. Why? Because the Samsung, HTC and other competitors in the mobile space have plus size screens and Apple has...
 If I ever open the dictionary looking for "pessimist" the name "Slurpy" should appear.  Thank goodness folks such as yourself don't work for Apple. The entire market for Macs is "a niche" in light of how many silly Windows PCs are sold.  Therefore, the term "niche" is meaningless. And although Apple discontinued the 17" in the past, that doesn't mean they couldn't or wouldn't bring a huge screen notebook back to the market, especially now that BIG SCREENS ARE THE...
Apple should bring back the MacBook Pro 17". I was reading recently in Becoming Steve Jobs how Steve once wrote a memo to Apple employees from his hospital bed, ending it by advertising the fact he had his 17" MacBook Pro and Airport Express there to do the job. Things change, to be sure; and that is why Apple dropped the 17". But the fact remains that BIG IS IN now days. If you think I lie, then explain the PLUS sized iPhone and the rumored upcoming 12.9" iPad. If...
So what do these "mostly undoable" executive jobs entail? What does this executive actually do on a day to day basis that "clearly and indisputably" warrants a salary of tens of millions of dollars versus say one million? For that matter, how much more work (please give a detailed list of specifics here) separates an executive who makes 250,000 annually from one who makes one million annually?If you can't give us a detailed list of specifics (and since you clearly are...
Thank you, AppleInsider, for this great article and for your excellent MacBook review. I loath the majority of the comments here though. Most griping and moaning commenters are far more out of touch with reality than the ariticle's author whom they desperately seek to bash. These readers tend to forget that regardless of what target customer Apple designed this super thin and light MacBook for, people outside that very narrow target group will still lust after it while...