or Connect

Posts by JDW

Lawyers and neocons unite in scaremongering American firms to make your electronic devices less secure. How lovely.
 In the "above" I asked for 4GB RAM.  iOS, being an OS, does not have anything to do with RAM.  :-) And no, RAM aside, iOS 9 isn't the magic cure for the feature gap between OS X and iOS.  iOS still feels like MultiFinder to me.  It's a step in the right direction, but it probably won't be what I seek until about iOS 15.  That's a bit of a wait. And to the fellow who suggests I need a $1300 "MacBook," maybe next year.  It's a bit lackluster now, but maybe SkyLake and...
So make the thing more useful! For crying out loud, Apple. I love you guys, but as an iPad 3 owner since 2012, I find that SIRI (at least here in Japan, anyway) is utterly brain dead, and even the liberation that you plan to give us in iOS 9 won't hold a candle to what we can do on the Mac. Give iPads a minimum of 4GB of RAM so apps don't reload all the time (man I hate when 1Password does that), and ease up on app restrictions such that I can actually use my iPad to...
Not to rip your words too out of context, but actually I am.   I was 13 in 1984 when my Dad brought home a Macintosh 128k (only the single 400k internal floppy with no external drive) and ImageWriter I printer, our first true home computer system.  Around Christmas 1983 he was offered either a cash bonus or a Mac.  He chose the Mac.  That was my start with Apple (I never used the Apple I or II series), and I've been a Mac/Apple fan ever since.  I've used Windows since...
Thank you. I like your post as well and tried to give it a thumbs up, but I'm on my iPad now and this forum isn't cooperating with my mobile browser. I will try again later on my iMac whenever I can kick the kids off.But please allow me to clarify how Steve was "the same as you and I." He was the same only in one regard — human nature. We all have the natural tendency to screw up. You and I do that and so did Steve. I only pointed out "the obvious" because I perceive...
"Redemption" (being saved from sin/evil, forgiveness of a debt) in this case is nothing more what what some people "want to perceive." Steve reconciled with people...  But so what?  You and I do the same.  Steve was a business leader who changed the world, but he wasn't Divine.  He was like you and me in many more ways than you may be willing to admit. Woz felt hurt that Steve lied to him, but Woz moved on.  Woz didn't dwell on that event 24/7 or allow it to destroy their...
 Thank you for reading it.  And thank you for sharing your opinion.  But again, one man's trash is another's treasure.  What you call "common sense" isn't necessarily so common, nor would everyone view it negatively.  "He made good decisions BUT..." is telling when you read just how much comes after the BUT.   Don't get me wrong.  I am not Steve Job's biggest fan.  For example, one of the best CRT compact Macs that Apple ever made came out when Steve was NOT at Apple — the...
No educated person should cast judgment on a book or film without having seen it first, with your own eyes.     Since one among us has apparently seen the film and has informed us of its negativity ahead of time (and thank you for that), we now know what to look for when we watch the film for ourselves.   But one thing to keep in mind is that not all of us are equally observant or critical or mindful.  Some of us are liberal, some conservative. Some of us are timid,...
 Again, I don't own a MBP yet, nor do I think this is lawsuit worthy (I'm very anti-lawyer about most things, so no surprises there), but I do think it impractical to force users to "clean the entire keyboard" just prior to closing the lid.  Think about how many cleanings that would be! As such, I repeat what I wrote in my previous posts here.  Apple needs to innovate and find a way to keep screen coatings from flaking off under normal usage conditions, which will...
 I wouldn't call it a "scandal" either, but I am not one to poo-poo this as "statistically insignificant."  You, therefore, are extremely forgiving in light of what has happened to you. Again, I don't yet own a MBP.  I'd like to, but honestly this issue has me spooked.   It's 2015 for crying out loud.  There ought to be a better way to reduce reflections while at the same time prevent that reflection reducer from flaking off. And regardless of how "few" and "rare" these...