or Connect

Posts by JDW

So far, I've not read any intelligent comments about the pixel density of this camera. Folks, pixels do matter. They do make a better photograph, and here's why. How the heck are you going to put a zoom lens inside a thin phone? You aren't. So to compensate, you let your users Digitally Zoom. You can then save a 5MP photo, zoomed in like you had a real telephoto, and your photo will look great (not stupid like the software interpolated low-MP cameras do it). What...
Well, excuse me. I shall rephrase for sake of political correctness then... Is there a Rolls Royce ENGINE for the rest of us? :-P
Great. Just great. That's all Apple needs... Yet more fuel for Apple haters who say Apple caters exclusively to the wealthy. What ever happened to "for the rest of us"? Is Rolls Royce a car for the rest of us?
This AppleInsider article puts it all in perspective: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/14/huge-selloff-by-hedge-funds-bruised-apple-stock-in-the-winter-quarter Hedge Funds are responsible for the stock tanking since October, and now the chief of one of these funds has the audacity to sue Apple because they want the milk the company even more. As an AAPL shareholder since 1999 (never selling a single share from that time to now), I cast my vote against Einhorn. ...
  In fact, statements like yours miss the point and defend the status quo.  The point was and still is that the Reps and Dems both spend too much.  That is a fact that cannot be denied.  Once Americans realize that, then they can stop pounding on companies like Apple for "not having paid enough."  The focus needs to be on "spending less of taxpayer dollars," not verbally castigating corporations like Apple for not "paying as much as we think they...
Your remarks are on the same level as the article, which ignorantly states:   The resulting loss of revenue is one significant CAUSE of the budget deficit, and adds to the tax burden that ordinary Americans bear.   The "tax burden that ordinary Americans bear" has very little to do with taxes paid or not paid by big corporations.  "Corporations not paying enough taxes" is not what got our country into its current financial mess.  Your tax burden has everything to...
It makes reasonable sense when you understand AAPL stock and it's historical volatility, combined with the state of the market now in light of the administration being reelected under the promise of "taxing a select few rich folks." That sounds good during campaign time to get one elected, but most of the American people actually fall into the "middle-class" — a group of people who know they're not going to outpace inflation by keeping their money in a liquid condition in...
In light of the axing of Scott Forstall, these high dollar stock selloffs would appear a worrisome thing, making one to suspect trouble within Apple.  The media only propagates such fear-mongering with statements like, "With Steve Jobs out of the picture, Apple has lost its way" -- exploiting problems such as iOS Maps.   But the main reason AAPL has been taking a hit lately (aside from the media-driven fear-mongering, and the market itself being down) is the fact that...
This would be a great and much-appreciated deal if I were in the market for a MacBook.  But as it stands now, I would appreciate a $300 discount on a new iMac instead.  Any hope for this, AppleInsider?  (Fingers crossed)
I am in no way defending Sadsong Samsung on this, but this story begs the question. Why in THE world did Hogan grant an interview in the first place? And why did he feel compelled to "spill the beans" during that interview. From what I have read, had that interview never taken place, Samsung would have nothing to say at this point.