or Connect

Posts by JDW

Thank you for reading it.  And thank you for sharing your opinion.  But again, one man's trash is another's treasure.  What you call "common sense" isn't necessarily so common, nor would everyone view it negatively.  "He made good decisions BUT..." is telling when you read just how much comes after the BUT.   Don't get me wrong.  I am not Steve Job's biggest fan.  For example, one of the best CRT compact Macs that Apple ever made came out when Steve was NOT at Apple — the...
No educated person should cast judgment on a book or film without having seen it first, with your own eyes.     Since one among us has apparently seen the film and has informed us of its negativity ahead of time (and thank you for that), we now know what to look for when we watch the film for ourselves.   But one thing to keep in mind is that not all of us are equally observant or critical or mindful.  Some of us are liberal, some conservative. Some of us are timid,...
 Again, I don't own a MBP yet, nor do I think this is lawsuit worthy (I'm very anti-lawyer about most things, so no surprises there), but I do think it impractical to force users to "clean the entire keyboard" just prior to closing the lid.  Think about how many cleanings that would be! As such, I repeat what I wrote in my previous posts here.  Apple needs to innovate and find a way to keep screen coatings from flaking off under normal usage conditions, which will...
 I wouldn't call it a "scandal" either, but I am not one to poo-poo this as "statistically insignificant."  You, therefore, are extremely forgiving in light of what has happened to you. Again, I don't yet own a MBP.  I'd like to, but honestly this issue has me spooked.   It's 2015 for crying out loud.  There ought to be a better way to reduce reflections while at the same time prevent that reflection reducer from flaking off. And regardless of how "few" and "rare" these...
I don't yet own a MBP but I read the article and all previous comments because I am considering a purchase, and obviously I'd like to avoid this problem if possible.   To those problem-free MBP owners who mock other MBP owners with problems, shame on you.  From what I see, what you call a "statistically insignificant" problem is in fact statistically significant when you read reports of users who have this problem and get the machine swapped out only to find the...
...from two million people... more than 20,000 purchased an Apple Watch WHAT? 20k is a drop in the bucket relative to 2 million. So 2 million MINUS 20k people purchased what then? Apple Watch SPORT?
Do the promises mentioned in the article pertain to this? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/17/apple_hosed_boffins_drop_0day_mac_ios_research_blitzkrieg/ I'm an Apple fan and love Tim Cook, but six months is an awfully long time.
For the record, starbird73, I haven't lived in the US for the last 20 years.  And although I have to pay sales tax here in Japan, I don't want to buy something in the US and be forced to pay sales tax on it (which I don't legally have to pay), especially since I will have to pay sales tax on it here.  But the problem is that some companies infuriatingly won't ship outside the US, so we who live outside the US often have to buy the item and get it shipped somewhere within...
While referring to TV Steve Jobs once said, "I finally cracked it."     I guess we now know what Steve was talking about.  He must have thrown a brick at his TV and busted the poor thing.   No Apple TV "set" I guess.  Makes sense.  SIRI wouldn't set an Apple TV Set apart, especially when it hears you about as well as the Newton once read handwriting.  (For the record, my Newton 2100 is pretty good at cursive handwriting detection, but SIRI on my WIFI iPad stinks like a...
OREGON The Customer’s Responsibility In cases where the online retailer does not have to collect sales tax, it is the customer’s responsibility to NOT PAY SALES TAX AT ALL in our glorious state. Our state is more awesome than other states as a result, but most Americans haven't figured that out yet and continue to live and pay high taxes in their high cost of living states. We think people should stop linking to blood-sucking LEGAL websites and just shut up and move to...