or Connect

Posts by JDW

Whether one loves glossy or matte, we all must admit this is a victory for "choice." And it really costs Apple nothing, as they are getting $50 a pop for matte. May they do the same for the iMacs. This also illustrates very clearly that "being vocal" has merit, even in spite of the many flames matte proponents have had to endure in forums such as this one while calling for choice. May now the voices of reason begin to cry out over the insanity of Apple's...
A lot of younger people who "prefer notebooks" to desktops will share your love of the status quo. But as an owner of Apple equipment since 1984 (and I've not yet hit the elderly age of 40 yet, mind you), I have come to enjoy good keyboards from Apple. In light of those past good experiences, it makes me sick to think I have to plunk down more cash now for a keyboard that is as good as what Apple used to make for us "free in the box." Now Apple caters to the "notebook"...
I have to agree with this assessment of the article. The title was just bait, pure and simple. I like most of the articles here, but this one was seriously lacking. The title basically said "New iMac features..." and then opening the article revealed "...but we cannot tell you what those features are." In such a case, you should forgo writing the article at all until you have some juicy facts to present.Now with regard to new features...CPUUnlike others, I am happy to...
I am an American electrical engineer working for Japanese companies, who has lived in central Japan for the past 15 years and is married to a Japanese woman. I can tell you that despite Japan being a very homogeneous society, no one can make a blanked statement claiming that "the Japanese love" or "the Japanese aren't buying" the iPhone. It depends on WHO you are talking about and WHERE you are talking about. Here in Aichi prefecture, where "the money and jobs are," I...
And the ad concludes with the young lady sitting with the Apple notebook on her desk. The camera pans to the Mac's display where the reflection of her face can be seen so clearly in the glossy screen you could sware it was a vanity mirror. She then cries out, "OMG!" while she powders her checks, puckers and then paints her mouth with -- you guessed it -- lip gloss.
Thank you for being partly open-minded enough to make such an admission. I say partly because seems were indirectly taking a mild swipe at matte screen proponents. But it is important to keep in mind that gloss-proponents complain just as much or more than matte proponents, as evidenced by these posts:It's not about "better." It's all about "Apple offering a choice." That holds true whether you prefer glossy screens or not. Thank you, MacTripper, for the information on...
That statement could equally be classified as "silly" insofar as it essentially says this: "In the past, prior to glossy screens, when we all had matte LCD screens and hardly anyone spoke out negatively about glare (relative to the noticeably large number who speak out about it now), all computer users were deceived because glare really was there."Although such a statement is factually correct about the fact that light is reflected even in matte screens, the very fact that...
You either did not read what I have posted in this thread, or you did read it but did not fully comprehend it. Your comment cited "3 people" in order to justify the false notion that people who do not like glare (which is not necessarily the same as people who do not like glossy screens, by the way) are far outnumbered by those who love glare. Just because only 3 people in a given thread are vocal about disliking glare does not mean that "an equally microscopic minority...
Indeed. And I am sure you will agree that such thinking on Apple's part is flawed.I posted about the "consumer grade" mentality (which many staunch defenders of glossy/glare screens often use against matte lovers) on Apple's forum here.I can only add that the G4 towers used to be Apple's premium machine. And certain G4 tower models were priced under $2,000. Now consider that the highest end iMac is priced at well over $2,000. I think this in some small way can show...
He he. I know what you meant to say, but your mistype is funny nevertheless! As to the poll data, I would like to say that the numbers would be very different if they asked the "correct" question. To simply ask if we "prefer glossy" is incomplete at best, misleading at worst. Why? Because I myself love glossy screens insofar as the colors pop and those screens are very sharp. So I like most people, love that aspect. But I hate the glare. And when most people say...