or Connect

Posts by JDW

I agree with you 100%. I want those additional choices to come from Apple too, just like you do. Agreed.Agreed. And the case between Apple and Psystar is not over yet. So in the meantime, it technically is legal to buy from Psystar and expand one's choices accordingly -- not silly Psystar alone, but anyone else offering the means to build a Hackintosh, however gray an area that may be legally. But again, my position is not to get caught up in all the legal mumbo...
Indeed. This is truly a "tech forum." As such, the roundness of anyone's head would require analysis and math, both of which are "technical" in nature and therefore on-topic. However, what goes on in the courtroom is not "techy" at all. It simply happens to "impact tech." But this is yet again detracting from the main thrust of the discussion: choice.I wrote about "choice." You wrote in reply to me in order to merely argue with me personally. It would therefore...
Being the same age and still remembering my first experience with MacPaint on my first home computer, the 128k in 1984, I feel compelled to chime in here.I agree with what Serge said. Moreover, I don't understand why this site is frequented by the Apple Crusaders so often. So many attorney's-in-training screaming about what's "legal" or "illegal." Let the courts work that out. It's really none of our concern. We all take certain risks when we go outside Apple (Psystar...
Correction: in my previous post I said that the "first 2 pages" of this thread are dedicated to Blue-Ray. I now would have to say all pages are. Let the Blue-Ray topic die, folks! Performance is what matters most! Speaking of which...So long as the "real world performance" for single-threaded apps matches or best the current top of the line iMac, I will be happy. But seeing that the 2GHz version of the CPU spoken of in this article is priced rather high, Apple may not...
The first two pages of comments were an absolutely amazement to me. Virtually all about BlueRay. Who the heck cares? (And I say this as someone who wants BlueRay.) All this BlueRay talk is irrelevant when it most assuredly will be a BTO option at some point. So let it go!Now if you want to talk about the real meat of this article, this comment is more spot on...Now think deeply, people. Think. Do you honestly expect that a 1.7 or even a 2.0GHz 4-core CPU (even i7...
"Somewhere else"? No, I wouldn't. You see, you and I could probably earn 4 times the salary we make now, simply by moving to Iraq and working in the field of "security." But are you going to do that? No. (If you were willing, you would be there right now.) What you MEANT to ask was, "Wouldn't you change jobs if you could double your salary, without hazarding your health, working at similar workplace with a similar position on a similar set of products and services?" ...
Unfortunately, this statement is rather misleading as it would have the reader believe that the Dr.'s position is somehow not linked to or driven by any agenda whatsoever.A statement which indicates the Dr. does not agree with (and perhaps even on some level is hostile toward) individuals who are "just plain hostile to IP rights."And just so we know how very complex and contentious the connection between law and ideology truly is, let us not fail to explore further reading...
Congratulations on having successfully passed the BAR, joining the ranks of Abraham Lincoln himself, one of the five most admired lawyers in American history. To be sure, with only 1.1 million practicing attorneys in the US, the less fortunate are certain go without adequate legal options. We must therefore strive to boost the number of legal defenders to at least 1 for every 2 citizens in the Land of the Free. Anything less would be an insult to one's most sacred and...
Well, you are clearly telling us that you side with "the right to sue" crowd, which is responsible for all the insanity in the US legal system.Software patents need to be banned. So what if MS uses XML? So what! Do you know there is a company named OMEGA in the US that sells low quality car alarms and would have gone bankrupt by now had they not obtained patents on quite nearly everything related to automotive CAN-BUS communication? They still build car alarms but...
Whether one loves glossy or matte, we all must admit this is a victory for "choice." And it really costs Apple nothing, as they are getting $50 a pop for matte. May they do the same for the iMacs. This also illustrates very clearly that "being vocal" has merit, even in spite of the many flames matte proponents have had to endure in forums such as this one while calling for choice. May now the voices of reason begin to cry out over the insanity of Apple's...