or Connect

Posts by JDW

That statement could equally be classified as "silly" insofar as it essentially says this: "In the past, prior to glossy screens, when we all had matte LCD screens and hardly anyone spoke out negatively about glare (relative to the noticeably large number who speak out about it now), all computer users were deceived because glare really was there."Although such a statement is factually correct about the fact that light is reflected even in matte screens, the very fact that...
You either did not read what I have posted in this thread, or you did read it but did not fully comprehend it. Your comment cited "3 people" in order to justify the false notion that people who do not like glare (which is not necessarily the same as people who do not like glossy screens, by the way) are far outnumbered by those who love glare. Just because only 3 people in a given thread are vocal about disliking glare does not mean that "an equally microscopic minority...
Indeed. And I am sure you will agree that such thinking on Apple's part is flawed.I posted about the "consumer grade" mentality (which many staunch defenders of glossy/glare screens often use against matte lovers) on Apple's forum here.I can only add that the G4 towers used to be Apple's premium machine. And certain G4 tower models were priced under $2,000. Now consider that the highest end iMac is priced at well over $2,000. I think this in some small way can show...
He he. I know what you meant to say, but your mistype is funny nevertheless! As to the poll data, I would like to say that the numbers would be very different if they asked the "correct" question. To simply ask if we "prefer glossy" is incomplete at best, misleading at worst. Why? Because I myself love glossy screens insofar as the colors pop and those screens are very sharp. So I like most people, love that aspect. But I hate the glare. And when most people say...
As a 2009 iMac owner, I agree 100% with the SD card slot suggestion, and I would add to it by asking for a CF card slot too. The iMac 24" is enormous and there is plenty of space for such slots. And with the SD slot on the MacBook Pro now, no one can argue that Apple doesn't approve of such things. It is a great convenience and you don't have to string an unsightly cable across your desk with an external reader that way. An internal flash card reader is therefore a "no...
Absolutely! Of course, in places where space is a premium the more compact iMac is sometimes preferred. Even so there are caveats to the iMac that do not stem from the price, as mentioned by this poster...Quite frankly, Gloss/Glare is horrible. I know because I have a new 2009 iMac 3.06GHz sitting on my desk at work, and I've done my darndest to cut light sources from behind me. I use this Mac for at least 9 hours each day, M-F. It's wicked fast and according to...
And thank you so very much for mentioning each and every one of those errors for us, point by point. Your post makes those errors so abundantly clear, that I simply cannot imagine how I was able to read AppleInsider without your help.
It would appear that one now needs to debate the precise definition of "a fact." I won't tackle that one, but I will say that they are not merely "just my opinion" is your jab suggests. They are my "15 years of experience living and manufacturing here in Asia." And it just so happens that another "experienced" individual here also has discovered, through first-hand experience, the same truths that I and many others have. No doubt others in manufacturing could also...
There are some harsh words coming from New York City, from an individual who apparently has zero experience manufacturing here in Asia, more less living here in Asia and dealing with factories in Taiwan and China on a daily basis. It's not a racial issue or "country prejudice." It's a manufacturing reality. Any knee-jerk responses here about "race" are ridiculous. (Personally, I don't believe in "race." There's one race on this planet -- the human race.)Nevertheless,...
The photo shows it to be "glossy." So we have "thick bezels" and "gloss". Why would anyone willfully want to pay money for that? Indeed, getting rid of the glossy-hell is the main reason to look outside Apple for other monitor choices.