or Connect

Posts by JDW

As a 2009 iMac owner, I agree 100% with the SD card slot suggestion, and I would add to it by asking for a CF card slot too. The iMac 24" is enormous and there is plenty of space for such slots. And with the SD slot on the MacBook Pro now, no one can argue that Apple doesn't approve of such things. It is a great convenience and you don't have to string an unsightly cable across your desk with an external reader that way. An internal flash card reader is therefore a "no...
Absolutely! Of course, in places where space is a premium the more compact iMac is sometimes preferred. Even so there are caveats to the iMac that do not stem from the price, as mentioned by this poster...Quite frankly, Gloss/Glare is horrible. I know because I have a new 2009 iMac 3.06GHz sitting on my desk at work, and I've done my darndest to cut light sources from behind me. I use this Mac for at least 9 hours each day, M-F. It's wicked fast and according to...
And thank you so very much for mentioning each and every one of those errors for us, point by point. Your post makes those errors so abundantly clear, that I simply cannot imagine how I was able to read AppleInsider without your help.
It would appear that one now needs to debate the precise definition of "a fact." I won't tackle that one, but I will say that they are not merely "just my opinion" is your jab suggests. They are my "15 years of experience living and manufacturing here in Asia." And it just so happens that another "experienced" individual here also has discovered, through first-hand experience, the same truths that I and many others have. No doubt others in manufacturing could also...
There are some harsh words coming from New York City, from an individual who apparently has zero experience manufacturing here in Asia, more less living here in Asia and dealing with factories in Taiwan and China on a daily basis. It's not a racial issue or "country prejudice." It's a manufacturing reality. Any knee-jerk responses here about "race" are ridiculous. (Personally, I don't believe in "race." There's one race on this planet -- the human race.)Nevertheless,...
The photo shows it to be "glossy." So we have "thick bezels" and "gloss". Why would anyone willfully want to pay money for that? Indeed, getting rid of the glossy-hell is the main reason to look outside Apple for other monitor choices.
As a fellow Mac 128k owner, and owner of a Mac 512k with internal GCC Hyperdrive 20 and an SE/30, I would like to point out that these old Macs were not built in China. My company manufactures in Japan, Taiwan and China. Manufacturing costs are lowest in China, but so is the quality of the merchandise produced. I am not saying "all new Macs are now garbage" because of this. But you just cannot compare older Macs made in Fremont CA or Japan with modern day "Made in...
When you're next in the office, please offer my regards to Steve and Jonathan.Pssst. (whisper voice) Don't talk too loud. The Stones in the surrounding Hills here may begin to fall.By the way, for those of you wanting an alternative to Psystar, ExpressHD may offer what fits the bill. I still love Apple. But until they offer a mid-range tower, I am happy to share the knowledge of where they may be obtained outside Cupertino.UPDATE: It's clear to me after reading every...
"Who cares?" "Only an idiot would buy this"? "It's not cheaper"? "Gonna get stuck with the computer when they go under"? "Hurts Apple"? All statements made by individuals who seriously do not think too deeply about any given topic before they write. These are little more than scare tactics of extreme loyalists. And I say this as a Mac lover since 1984, who has never purchase a Mac outside Apple, and I own a substantial amount of AAPL to boot. The fact is that...
The very fact that you don't think something is wrong with that is evidence something is wrong with you. But sadly, you can take comfort in knowing that many others are like you in America today and explains why so many are obese. No one feels guilty about getting fat in the USA anymore. It's frightful. And if it is so right and cool to be fat and uneducated, then I must assume that if you wed and one day have children, you will encourage your offspring to eat...