or Connect

Posts by JDW

It's therefore hilarious to me that most all of you posting in this thread do not live here in Japan! SoftBank has Brad Pitt on TV selling their phones and wireless service. I think Apple considered them one of the more trendy carriers here (which I would agree with), and that combined with the fact SoftBank was willing to hand over a considerable percentage of monthly subscription fees was what finalized the deal. However, AU has the most stable network over here, and...
I've been living here in Japan the past 14 years. I remember when SoftBank was Vodafone and Vodafone was J-Phone. If indeed "no one" was supporting those companies, they would have gone under and stayed under once and for all. Fact is, they are good alternatives to "higher priced" companies like AU and DoCoMo. I've never seen anyone other than people I work with use a Macintosh either, but that doesn't mean no one buys Macs here. I know full well that Japan is a big...
Thank goodness overpriced DoCoMo lost the contact. No doubt we'll continue to see Brad Pitt on the SoftBank TV ads, but this time with an iPhone in his hand! Go WHITE PLAN!
Words cannot expressed how happy I am to finally see AppleInsider eat its own words about the demise of the Mini. I'm not saying this in a derogatory way against AppleInsider so much as I am against your previous "negative position" toward the Mini. And I say this by not even owning or liking the Mini! I always knew it would never make sense for Apple to kill off a product that was such a perfect fit for the low end of the Mac market. Why in the world would you...
Continued legal foolishness such as this only continues to prove to the world that Americans are the single most dull-witted people on the face of the earth. For a people to willingly allow this to continue without any active measures in place to improve the system is certainly not evidence of wisdom, nor an expression of freedom, nor protection of the weak. America willingly allows lawyers and the courts to be its taskmasters, empowering deceivers and thieves and the...
I agree about the ban on "software" patents, but to stop there would be foolish. "Intellectual property companies" are what need to be banned along side "software patents."You want an example of a non-software company that is nothing more than a patent holding company, now suing virtually everyone in the automative products aftermarket? Omega Research/Ken Flick (caralarm.com). These nuts put up a website that advertises products that aren't selling to give the...
You honestly think America is coming to pieces (and it is, folks) simply because a candidate for public office believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible??? Since when did American candidates for President stop claiming Christian beliefs of some sort? What's new here? Even so, how does a politician's belief that the earth is 5k, 6k or 10k years old raise my taxes, increase defense spending or destroy foreign policy? Just because Bush claims to hold such...
With all these articles about suing only increasing on AppleInsider, I grow sicker and sicker each time I read them (even if I only read their titles). And to think, some people actually have the gall to still believe America is "The land of the free." It is also disheartening to see just how many computer users out there log onto this site only to vigorously defend each and every lawsuit brought to their attention by these articles, defending them under the "freedom to...
Well, I must say that today's $100 credit announcement was unexpected, but I'm sure it's welcomed by early adopters of the iPhone. I also feel vindicated. It was an uphill battle for me to defend rightful "complainers" in this forum whose crime was simple "venting anger." The tide was against me, with many of you posting the most terrible things about early adopters, even calling them "babies." But today, Apple slams all of you spiteful folk to the ground while doing a...
I can logically understand your statement, but I strongly disagree with you on your point. I don't buy things if I have an inkling the price will drop 33% in two months. You are still missing my point (or simply disagree with it). I am contending that if you ask many iPhone owners (not intent on selling anything, by the way) about how they feel, quite a large number may not have made the original purchase had they known the price would drop so soon. But if you ask them...