or Connect

Posts by JDW

Well, I must say that today's $100 credit announcement was unexpected, but I'm sure it's welcomed by early adopters of the iPhone. I also feel vindicated. It was an uphill battle for me to defend rightful "complainers" in this forum whose crime was simple "venting anger." The tide was against me, with many of you posting the most terrible things about early adopters, even calling them "babies." But today, Apple slams all of you spiteful folk to the ground while doing a...
I can logically understand your statement, but I strongly disagree with you on your point. I don't buy things if I have an inkling the price will drop 33% in two months. You are still missing my point (or simply disagree with it). I am contending that if you ask many iPhone owners (not intent on selling anything, by the way) about how they feel, quite a large number may not have made the original purchase had they known the price would drop so soon. But if you ask them...
Folks, you read Mr. H's reply to me above. He is of the position that would support Apple (or most any other business) who drops a new product's price by even 50% only two days after introduction. With that in mind, read on... Were people forced to pay $599? Of course not. How silly. But my saying that doesn't justify your stance, Mr. H. You see, people buy things with a fairly decent idea of how long a given item will retain its value. True, some people will be...
Folks, I think it pretty much goes without saying that Mr. H would back up any move Apple made even if the price of a given product dropped by 50% only 2 "days" after its initial sale! The logic is clear to those who are logical, Mr. H. Two months is a very short span of time. Now name me more than one Apple product that dropped by 33% in two months. Go back to the 1970's and check all the products until now. Name me some. And so you see the point. Two months is a...
Fine, fine. Finding this glitch in my previous post still does not detract from my point. Even at a 33% drop, it's still TWO MONTHS! And no, "we computer geeks" are not used to price drops in TWO MONTHS. And calling legitimate complainers in this thread "babies" verges on slander. How hateful some of you Apple fans are out there to your fellow Apple lovers! And as to the silly, stupid posts about "raising the price," you are talking out loud making no sense at all. ...
I am angered most of all by all the foolish posts here by people defending Apple on this. And heck, I don't even own an iPhone! In addition, I am one to defend Apple much of the time. So I would like to emphasize just how silly these defensive remarks are. While they are valid in many other situations where Apple has dropped the price of a product, arguments are irrelevant in this case. Two months after the opening release, the product is doing well AND the price...
Well said, gastroboy! I can only hope thousands of other prospective iMac buyers feel the same as you and I, resulting in disappointing sales numbers for Apple. Jobs will only respond when the numbers demand it. He has no incentive to "do the right thing" when the numbers are good. When a product is selling well, he simply is willing to offer the least bang for the buck and then hype it up big time during his keynotes so we all "think" its better than it actually is. ...
It hasn't grown on me. At least, the longer I look at the new iMac, the more I grow to hate that black border. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. And believe me, I know what the previous models look like because I see it every day at my office. But thank you for posting those great photos. They clearly show how much nicer the previous generation iMac looks relative to the new, Ugly-Bezel models! Please post a new photo when the Ugly bugger arrives. It will be...
I myself had planned to get a new iMac after Apple's revised models came out. But after seeing the stupid looking black border around the screen, and after seeing there was no option for a non-glossy LCD model, I couldn't care less if these machines had the power of a hundred Mac Pros. I refuse to buy something this bad. Of course, I have no budget whatsoever for an expensive Mac Pro setup, even though it would get me a matte LCD and eliminate that frightful black...
I've looked at photos a hundred times over the past 24 hours, and minute by minute, I loath that black border more and more. BUT... If the entire machine was black, there would be no "border" anymore and I think it would look great. No, not just the computer, but they keyboard, keys and mouse. Make everything black! That's not to say I like black personally. I think white is nice. But I had the contrast of that black border. So make it all white or all black. ...