or Connect

Posts by JDW

Well, seeing that was only your 2nd post on this site, I suppose I was perhaps reading too much into it. Sorry.
First of all, calm down. Those first few lines in your post were formed to be verbal hammers, not friendly questions seeking an answer. But in looking past the emotion behind those questions, I will say this: I expected a more radical departure in design. Something along the difference between the original CRT iMac and the suspeded LCD iMac, or the difference between the suspended LCD iMac and the current form factor. As to the "it won't please everyone" comment, I can...
A kindred spirit! Well, I'm certainly happy to hear that. Overall, I think Apple will sell their new iMacs in similar numbers to the old. But I really feel let down. I guess my feelings are in part due to reading sites like AppleInsider and not taking those articles and mockups with a hefty bucket of salt. I really wanted a radically new form factor, but that wasn't meant to be. And for the life of me, as long as I stare at the black bezel, I grow more and more NOT to...
No doubt Jonathon Ive and Mr. Jobs will agree with you on that! But sales over the next few months will tell if "the average iMac consumer" agrees with you and the Ive team or me and the anti-black-bezel team.Until the debut of the "prosumer" 24" iMac, I would have agreed with you. But the last 24" iMac was made for a professional breed of consumer who wants to do PRO work without the massive footprint and massive cost of a Mac Pro. Indeed, the swappable video card of...
THE BAD Jonathan Ive has clearly missed the mark with the latest iMacs. "Hides the iSight" is rotten excuse to justify that ugly black bezel around the screen -- and to think Apple is renown for its "beauty" in industrial design! What happened here? The jury is still out on that keyboard too. While smaller is better, I'm not really one for body-slammed keys, regardless of how "great" some people say they feel when pressed. Indeed. most of those same people are...
Is this thread filled with complete novices to the world of investing? Seriously, you don't need to get upset or "calm down." You are not "poor" or "rich" UNTIL you sell (unless you foolishly buy stock on borrowed money). I don't think any of you moaning here are "selling" now are you? No. You are just growing fearful over nothing. Again, most of you who blew through my previous post clearly missed the point. Nutty analysts can often create trouble for us in...
My personal thanks to all you nutty analysts and news reporters who successfully helped drive down the cost of AAPL last night by nearly 10 points. It would appear someone read my last post! Keep it up! And buy low, sell high!
My personal thanks to all you nutty analysts and news reporters who successfully helped drive down the cost of AAPL last night by nearly 10 points. It would appear someone read my last post! Keep it up! And buy low, sell high!
We need a hundred more articles like this. Seriously. We all know the content is bull, but most shareholders don't. At least, those who buy shares in bulk trust the nutty analysts. And so, if we can get more nutty analysts to bash the iPhone, it will drive down share prices temporarily so we can all buy twice the number of shares we could right now. And then 10 months from now when the iPhone beats all the projections, AAPL prices will skyrocket and we've all made a...
Since when does a US Citizen, born and raised and educated in California no less, who lived more than the first 24 years of his life in the US, suddenly become a "foreigner" when he decides to live outside the Land of the Free for a number of years? It's the same mentality as those who love to label us "X-Pats." As in "X-Patriots." As in "You once were a Patriot, but now you are not." Or more simply put, "You are disloyal to your country by living outside its borders."...