or Connect

Posts by JDW

I have to agree with the poster who is angered by frivilous lawsuits like this. It's so infuriating I cannot put it into words. "Yes, but they have the right to..." is what the defenders of so-called American Liberty claim as their basis to allow such foolishness to continue. But the fact is, we need to create a law to ban all "intellectual property companies." If you don't sell products or build a business around a patented idea, then you should have no claim in...
While this line of discussion is quickly getting off-topic, I will say this: most digital "consumer level" cameras are junk. I've not seen a serious competitor to my Canon PowerShot G5 to date, and the G5 is far from new! The manufacturers are putting out the first technology the see to grab dollars. They are not putting out better quality. They keep adding more MP's to tiny little CCD's. The average consumer is mislead in thinking this is better than older cameras,...
You can read more about the price plans from SoftBank here (yes, in English): http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/price_plan/ No doubt these prices are the envy of the world. (Or rather will be, as most of you here were not even aware of SoftBank until I mentioned it. But again, that's in part due to Vodafone having been bought out by SoftBank here in Japan not too long ago.) And for the fellow who is wantiing a 3.2MP camera in his phone, SoftBank offers a model now with 5MP....
By the way, gentlemen, if you didn't already check, JP¥1,000 at today's exchange rate translates into roughly US$8.20 -- which again, is how much I pay monthly for 3G service with SoftBank right now. And phone calls are free until 9pm when dialing other SoftBank phones. SoftBank bought Vodafone, who previously had bought out J-phone. With their super-low rates, hoards of people are moving over from other carriers now. So you can see why many people are casting that...
No mention of Japan, the second largest economy in the world? Japan, where most people have abandoned land lines for cell phones... Japan, where ease-of-use sells like hotcakes... Japan, which has embraced 3G like a bowl of rice... Japan, whose consumer base is far more willing than pay an absolute premium for insanely great products than consumers in any other country... Japan, the country in which I reside and wish to use an iPhone in! What gives? Europe? ...
"...lover's lips..." -- you gotta love it! Great come-back to the Zune-loving media!
A "wate" of time reading this thread and reading the article. This article tells us nothing we didn't already know prior to reading it! Of course Apple and Intel are working closely together. Is that really news? I think not. But it would appear that AppleInsider needed another story to make their list of stories look good, hence this article. I'm sure there must be something much more newsworthy out there though, so please AppleInsider staff, take a harder look...
It's not about the easy way out. It's about right and wrong and putting your foot down for what is right. It's about putting an end to frivilous lawsuits by NOT SETTLING. The reason there are so many suits is because people who commit fraud know they can make easy money from companies who settle. Slip and fall in a grocery store? Just threaten to sue and you can settle for $8,500 -- even if you faked your own fall! I've worked for many a company who settle case...
Actually, they do what you "pay them through the nose" to do. No one is a winner in protracted court cases or even in settlements. The lawyers always win, all the time. What we need is a lawyer quota. The number of lawyers can never exceed a preset number according to the general population. Trying to be a lawyer when the quota was exceeded? Tough, switch majors. A quota that cuts the current number by 1/5th would be about right. And making it much harder, if not...
Amen to that. The world has gone nuts over these silly software patents. Ironically, such patents kill "creativity" in the marketplace.