or Connect

Posts by JDW

That's precisely what I've been trying to argue in this thread, albeit with little success and proponents of "our American right to sue" keep popping up!
The stock is going up a tad due to the glowing financial report that was just released. But the stock will drop soon due to the news about Phil Schiller's stock sale (as AAPL always has fallen shortly after the release of such news). As if the $8m Schiller has already made on past sales wasn't enough! But one must wonder why Phil Schiller would buy now. He is either preparing to leave Apple or he doesn't have any long term faith in the stock! As far as my own...
Everyone complained the same way in the late 90's when Apple hit $13 a share. Then a few years later when AAPL was flying high, those same folks moaned, "We shoulda bought at $13." I would encourage everyone to buy $5,000 worth of AAPL now. If half the population of the US did this, I would be able to rack in a nice profit. Seriously, a lot of us bought based on what this STUPID analysts have said. And sadly, most of the most ridiculous projections of stock price (e.g.,...
I completely agree with you Dave. I've been an Apple shareholder since 1998. Haven't sold yet. I simply take issue with all the fanatical analyst news posted here even though the stock has sunk day by day since the first part of this year.
Taxes rates are beside the point in my mind. Dividends are to be paid out at some point because it is the right thing to do. If there are problems with the tax rate, just vote for a political party that stands on cutting taxes and empowering the citizen, rather than vote for tax-and-spend politicians.
Dividends are for "losers." Hmmm.Sounds as if you've judged Apple already and are prepared to read the verdict. I myself, as a substantial AAPL shareholder, wish to think differently on the matter. Specifically, I still don't see a reason to sue, especially not until the exectives being targetted have been given sufficient changes to comment on the matter.
One could argue along the same lines over why Apple doesn't pay dividends. I personally think (as an AAPL shareholder) that my fellow shareholders should be pressuring Apple more (outside the courts) on this matter more than anything else. Apple needs to return value to shareholders while compensating the very executives who keep the company alive. If we go off on tangents like "they stole such and such" we then get into the mess of executive pay and the like. And I...
More "pain and suffering" that results in society from frivolous lawsuits which center on those so-named p&s payouts. You can't always get what you want, but so many out there today try very hard to get what they want. My personal belief is that you shouldn't try to get what you want all the time. A humble spirit among the general population is what keeps pride and selfishness at bay and keeps society from anarchy. Present the chance of making a quick buck to the less...
This story reaffirms all I've written about these nutty "it's gonna hit $90 a share" analyst news reports. No matter how many good reports of optimism there may be from some analysts, it takes only one bad one to throw the stock into the garbage. You cannot get upset over the stock slide because it happens to every company and is the way the US stock market works (which of course, is quite lame). But the fact is, AppleInsider needs to stop putting up all the glowing...
Yes. Outside the courts, where ever possible!