or Connect

Posts by JDW

It makes reasonable sense when you understand AAPL stock and it's historical volatility, combined with the state of the market now in light of the administration being reelected under the promise of "taxing a select few rich folks." That sounds good during campaign time to get one elected, but most of the American people actually fall into the "middle-class" — a group of people who know they're not going to outpace inflation by keeping their money in a liquid condition in...
In light of the axing of Scott Forstall, these high dollar stock selloffs would appear a worrisome thing, making one to suspect trouble within Apple.  The media only propagates such fear-mongering with statements like, "With Steve Jobs out of the picture, Apple has lost its way" -- exploiting problems such as iOS Maps.   But the main reason AAPL has been taking a hit lately (aside from the media-driven fear-mongering, and the market itself being down) is the fact that...
This would be a great and much-appreciated deal if I were in the market for a MacBook.  But as it stands now, I would appreciate a $300 discount on a new iMac instead.  Any hope for this, AppleInsider?  (Fingers crossed)
I am in no way defending Sadsong Samsung on this, but this story begs the question. Why in THE world did Hogan grant an interview in the first place? And why did he feel compelled to "spill the beans" during that interview. From what I have read, had that interview never taken place, Samsung would have nothing to say at this point.
Samsung's leadership apparently consists of a gang of blithering idiots. They are found with their hands in the copy machine and all they have to say is that Apple lacks innovation? The previous poster is spot on. Samsung is so delusional it's down right scary.
You're arguing for the sake of arguing, and here's the proof from your own self-answering argument:Since the "sole purpose" of a bluebox is not to be a ubiquitous, innocent home-use repair/construction tool like that of a "screw driver," it is therefore silly to compare the two in an analogy.The entire point is still being missed here. I am merely saying that we should refrain from being so judgmental on this hacker in light of the two Steve's own past and in light of the...
Such a statement is splitting hairs. Lawyers like to use such statements to get their criminals clients off in court. It's not unlike avoiding a lie by refusing to tell the whole truth. Such is ethically and morally unsound, even if an unscrupulous lawyer is sometimes effective at using that in a court.But a personal admission helps to clarify matters. Jobs himself said "These were illegal, I have to add... But we built the best one in the world!" He admitted that in...
Under that logic, we should swiftly and promptly release from jail all thieves who have Jobsian style creative minds.Theft is a crime no matter how some try to spin it. Therefore if one tries to make excuses for Jobs and Woz, one has an equal moral obligation to make a similar defense for this Russian hacker, simply because an arrestible offense is an arrestible offense.The point is that we Apple lovers would do well to stop selectively casting that first stone. If you...
  Without a doubt, piracy is theft.  Indeed, it is essentially the same kind of serious high-Dollar theft as the Blue Boxes that Jobs and Woz built (without which, Jobs strongly contended there would be no Apple today): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFURM8O-oYI (We treat that past with a flippant attitude because (a) it happened so long ago and is irrelevant today, and (b) because it was done by Steve Jobs, someone who ultimately became that rich, famous, genius father...
If you read through my original post again you will see that I plainly said he should be "condemned" just like Napster was to be condemned. The point that continues to be missed is the fact that not every situation should be viewed in a 100% negative light. We human beings all too often do that, without trying to see what positive and constructive things could come of the bad. My statement in no way encourages bad deeds. I am merely being an optimist versus a...