or Connect

Posts by JDW

Apple should bring back the MacBook Pro 17". I was reading recently in Becoming Steve Jobs how Steve once wrote a memo to Apple employees from his hospital bed, ending it by advertising the fact he had his 17" MacBook Pro and Airport Express there to do the job. Things change, to be sure; and that is why Apple dropped the 17". But the fact remains that BIG IS IN now days. If you think I lie, then explain the PLUS sized iPhone and the rumored upcoming 12.9" iPad. If...
So what do these "mostly undoable" executive jobs entail? What does this executive actually do on a day to day basis that "clearly and indisputably" warrants a salary of tens of millions of dollars versus say one million? For that matter, how much more work (please give a detailed list of specifics here) separates an executive who makes 250,000 annually from one who makes one million annually?If you can't give us a detailed list of specifics (and since you clearly are...
Thank you, AppleInsider, for this great article and for your excellent MacBook review. I loath the majority of the comments here though. Most griping and moaning commenters are far more out of touch with reality than the ariticle's author whom they desperately seek to bash. These readers tend to forget that regardless of what target customer Apple designed this super thin and light MacBook for, people outside that very narrow target group will still lust after it while...
Then I rank "among the few."Power to individual states and less power to the Fed!But States rights is not necessarily "the heart" of what I said previously. Please refer to my previous post for that:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185449/tim-cook-deeply-disappointed-by-new-indiana-anti-gay-law/320#post_2699892Best wishes.
So are you a Canadian advocate of physical violence?Amazing how inflammatory appeals for FREEDOM can be! But please know that nothing you or anyone else has said in this forum inspire me in any way to seek physical violence on anyone here.For the record, I made no prior statement that says "freedom is the American Dream." No. I said, in fact, that freedom doesn't always please everyone.I am very sorry about your experience 3 decades ago, and I am sorry my American...
 An abundant use of colorful metaphors.  But it's wonderful that you have the FREEDOM to vent steam here.  And I find it wonderful that those who disagree with you have that same LIBERTY in this forum.   My "standard" is rooted in Liberty and self-control.  There once was a time someone would slip and fall in a store and they would pick up their aching body and go home.  They didn't blame the store, even if the floor was slick.  But that was before my time.  Even back in...
Yet another person seeking to limit our Freedom. How sad!Moderators tend to censure speech rather than promote a free flow of ideals. I myself am pleased at the article and that we are free to discuss it here, even with heated discussion on all sides. AppleInsider, you have my personal thanks for siding with LIBERTY in your forums!To dislike our talk in this thread is to dislike Genuine Freedom. True freedom doesn't mean everyone will agree with you, or that everyone...
AaronJ, Tim Cook and others shocked at the Indiana "freedom of association" law appear to have only a superficial understanding of what true FREEDOM is. True Freedom doesn't necessarily make everyone happy, but the existence of unhappiness over your neighbor's freedom doesn't mean you should seek to limit the freedom of everyone. An understanding of the U.S. Constiution is important, but how one INTERPRETS the Constitution is tied to their understanding of FREEDOM. ...
Keeping a low profile is right. We hear all about how much money she made from the Apple deal, but yet we hear next to nothing about what she actually does at Apple. Is she some kind of PR figurehead that gives credence to the gold Apple Watch, and nothing more?
Those blades aren't covered with any safety mesh, and they must spin pretty fast to carry such heavy loads. I can see a number of cats getting sliced up in those things when they land. I think it's sort of neat in concept. But America is the most sue-happy country on the planet. How can Amazon get around the Liability issues?