or Connect

Posts by JDW

I am shocked the article mentions nothing about this. But what is the viewing angle? How does it compare with IPS displays? If the viewing angle is the same or better than IPS, then I think this new technology would be outstanding. But if the viewing angle is horrific, I would imagine such outweighs the benefits mentioned. Is there no set of technical specifications on this new screen technology, such that we can confirm the viewing angles?
Yes, some are. The idea about aliens was actually proposed by non other than the co-discoverer of DNA, Francis Crick. Others agree with Crick's consensus, seeing that it is statistically impossible that DNA could have evolved on its own on the few short billion years that most scientists claim is the age of the earth. You might find this a fun read:http://www.theoligarch.com/richard-dawkins-aliens.htm So the question of "who created those aliens" remains. :-)Ah, but is...
An excellent question. Unfortunately, there is not a simple answer. Biblically speaking, mankind is not punished "automatically" for anything Adam did. But the Bible says each man must be judged according to his own sin. And the Bible also says "all have sinned." (Which is generally accepted to exclude infants or those with severe mental handicaps -- all of whom, it is assumed, go to heaven upon death.) According to the Biblical account, Adam was created perfect;...
It's perhaps going beyond the scope of this thread, but it's a good question that deserves an answer. With regard to Christianity, the heart is classified as "beyond cure" for two reasons: (a) it is sinful and (b) no human effort alone can miraculously make it "unsinful." And of course sin, in the Biblical context, is anything outside the will of God. Hence if the entire human race is tainted in Adam's original sin, then the only way to rescue man from that sin is if a...
Pilate wondered the same:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_18:38 But the difference between you and he is that he treated the question flippantly and never pursued it. You therefore have the advantage.Most people who lack faith in a god tend to say "follow your heart" or "find truth within yourself." Indeed, Steve Job's 2005 Stanford Speech suggested just that as the secret of success. But in terms of Christianity, it is interesting to see a very different approach to...
I agree that the mere thought of someone we revere being treated unjustly, in human terms, is frightful indeed. Especially so when what we perceive as injustice is extended to "all of eternity." And despite the evidence, none of us really knew Steve Jobs' heart fully so we cannot say 100% where his spirit is today. But for the sake of clarification, in terms of Christianity, eternal punishment is Biblically tied to "missing the mark" (i.e., "sin"), which is defined not...
It's funny but I've found that many people post in forums only because it's too difficult to Google up the answers (don't fret, I've done that too):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TtMEcZk3AE Kirk said, "Oh my" one time and then died. But I agree with others here that a movie would most likely NOT serve as the inspiration for someone's final "death words." And I believe that to be true of Steve Jobs, ven though it can be said he was truly "unique among men."Perhaps you...
Translation: He instructed relevant government officials to see how they can possibly alter laws that would nullify patents held by foreign corporations who threaten Taiwanese companies that prefer to copy technology rather than innovate their own. To be fair, every country, even the USA, has this common moral failing. Human beings most often prefer to "protect their own" rather than "do what's right."
I guess the slim margins are the primary reason why HP did not consider a bid for the sale of 15 million tablets: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...blet_deal.html Which leads one to wonder about HP's management. I agree with getting HP out the PC business. They should merge with Agilent (which is a stupid name) and put their brand back on the world's greatest engineering measurement tools.
Forget the iPhone 4 antenna, this is the genuine "death grip."