or Connect

Posts by JDW

Well, if dividends are only going to "preferred shareholders" then I want Cook to explain to me how I can become one. And if such is not possible, then it is clear we would have a situation where a small group of wealthy, elitest "preferred shareholders" are getting yet more on top of what they already have. In such a case, how is making that small group of wealthy elite even more rich via Dividends better for Apple or AAPL stock? It would seem only logical that a...
I think the anti-pen crowd (including the late Steven P Jobs) has missed the point entirely. And such is reasonable in light of the fact that Steve Jobs wasn't always right. Yes, he's right to prioritize touch. No question. But he was wrong to assume that no one would ever need or want to use a pen in those cases (however rare one wishes to argue they are) that one needs precision. Honestly, I would love to have an iOS device that lets me focus on touch manipulation...
If so, Gilco Scaffolding should get the shaft, not Apple.
I for one couldn't give a rat's fanny over the insurance issues. What begs the questions is how Gilco Scaffolding Co., LLC could have allowed this woman to "walk through the active Apple Store construction site"! Scaffolding companies are responsible for establishing a safe perimeter around the work area (at least, that's how it is here in Japan), and therefore, unless someone is blatantly ignoring signs, and blatantly moves a physical barrier aside to enter a dangerous...
The title is awfully amusing when it comes to the phrase "completely accurate," seeing the content of this article is far from it. I've long complained about the bad spelling on AppleInsider, and it's clear to me that I am one of the few who is voicing it, as evidenced by the fact these foolish misspellings continue. We don't live in the 1970's anymore, when we didn't have spelling checkers, more less PCs. Even so, we did have paper dictionaries back then, and...
Ah yes... Apple is in business so that it can "hire people." It serves no other purpose whatsoever. "Hiring out-of-work Americans" is Apple's sole reason for existence. Has the world gone mad? Or is this just a slow news day? And honestly, who cares? That especially holds true for those of us who don't live there. In the greater scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.
I am shocked the article mentions nothing about this. But what is the viewing angle? How does it compare with IPS displays? If the viewing angle is the same or better than IPS, then I think this new technology would be outstanding. But if the viewing angle is horrific, I would imagine such outweighs the benefits mentioned. Is there no set of technical specifications on this new screen technology, such that we can confirm the viewing angles?
Yes, some are. The idea about aliens was actually proposed by non other than the co-discoverer of DNA, Francis Crick. Others agree with Crick's consensus, seeing that it is statistically impossible that DNA could have evolved on its own on the few short billion years that most scientists claim is the age of the earth. You might find this a fun read:http://www.theoligarch.com/richard-dawkins-aliens.htm So the question of "who created those aliens" remains. :-)Ah, but is...
An excellent question. Unfortunately, there is not a simple answer. Biblically speaking, mankind is not punished "automatically" for anything Adam did. But the Bible says each man must be judged according to his own sin. And the Bible also says "all have sinned." (Which is generally accepted to exclude infants or those with severe mental handicaps -- all of whom, it is assumed, go to heaven upon death.) According to the Biblical account, Adam was created perfect;...
It's perhaps going beyond the scope of this thread, but it's a good question that deserves an answer. With regard to Christianity, the heart is classified as "beyond cure" for two reasons: (a) it is sinful and (b) no human effort alone can miraculously make it "unsinful." And of course sin, in the Biblical context, is anything outside the will of God. Hence if the entire human race is tainted in Adam's original sin, then the only way to rescue man from that sin is if a...