or Connect

Posts by JDW

Forget the iPhone 4 antenna, this is the genuine "death grip."
Would I support my home team? Not being a sports fan as such, no I wouldn't. But if someone did support his or her home team, and some on the team played unfairly, I think it would be stupid to sue them for that. So in terms of "suing," there is a big difference. And since the article is about suing, that's all that matters in this discussion.The article itself does the singling out. Did I write the article? Koreans are singled out in the article, and this thread is...
That's because you live on the Left Coast, not Japan.
This isn't the Olympics, friend. It's one thing to support your country in a sporting event. It's yet another for one (regardless of nationality, US or Korean or Japanese) to blindly support a corporate entity without knowing all the facts ONLY BECAUSE that corporation is the same nationality as you. (As you might expect, I do not support extreme nationalism.)And your entire statement defends the status quo, which I am against in many ways. What's new? I wish SOMETHING...
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt someone who willingly names themselves "OccamsAftershave" is a born-and-raised-in-Japan Japanese. I say this as someone who is not Japanese by blood nor Asian, and originally from California. Fact is that Japan has fewer lawsuits of any kind versus most industrialized nations. Japanese people have more self-control coupled with far fewer lawyers. Self-control has nothing to do with a so-called "superior race" either, so please spare...
That's really all this is. In Korea, there is no one oblivious to the fact that Apple has taken their corporate baby to court. Even if Samsung was proved to be a blatant copy artist in court, most Koreans would never see it that way, simply because they support their own flesh and blood first. Apple is the foreign invader in their eyes. So it should come as no surprised that average Koreans are taking Apple to court on their own. Nor would I be surprised if Samsung...
Be sure to watch the Knight-Ridder video from 1994 (which interestingly enough shows a Newton user in it): http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-esc...tion-11171102/ And an article about Roger Fidler of Knight-Ridder, written just before the iPad release: http://www.snd.org/2010/01/fidler/ But the Knight-Ridder device never came to fruition nor was protected by multiple patents like the Apple iPad. Hence, even though the iPad may resemble a 2006 Samsung photo frame, there's...
A superb MacBook Air line, horribly marred only by their lack of a modern, FaceTime HD camera. It makes no sense whatsoever. Apple's cost to add such a camera is insignificant.
You misquoted me. Your use of the word "for" is incorrect, and I said I do NOT condone drugs of any sort including soft legalized drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, and I then cited my reasons for not condoning them. I felt it important to explain that I do not use those substances nor do I condone them in order to emphasize that I am not on the side of drunks who drive, yet I disagree with the position of Congress and Apple about having DUI apps removed. I find your...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And all the while, AAPL has been an underperformed for the last several months. What gives with the stock? It should be at $400/share right now, especially in light of all the good financial news we've been hearing, and the good news out of WWDC. It makes no sense whatsoever.