or Connect

Posts by gctwnl

Yes, but for instance here in The Netherlands we are stuck with T-Mobile which over here has the worst coverage of all (KPN and Vodafone are best). Were it not for T-mobile coverage (which is so bad they were recently forced to pay compensation to customers), I would have bought an iPhone already.
Is the server software somehow tied to the mini hardware? Or could I buy the new mini, put OS X server on my old mini (which currently runs OS X Server 10.5) and use the new mini as a more powerful desktop?
Ehmmm. If you take away software (not just the OS, don't forget iLife & friends) and design, what is left to compare. A raw list of specifications (limited, e.g. not MTBF stuff) of components? What use is that? Apple sells 'user experience' more than anything else. More than 'image' (they sell that too, but so is Coca Cola for 99% of their product offering). People are willing to pay for user experience. Many more just look at price and specs and get shafted on user...
And that is a comparable product because it has 'server' in its name? Good thinking!
Have there been Geekbench / Cinebench benchmarks published yet? I wonder how it compares to the iMacs / previous versions of the mini.
Even when taking sales tax into account. €1 = US$ 1.23 currently. €799 after sales tax = approximately (as sales tax differs per EU country but is roughly 20%) €665 before sales tax. That is US$ 820 before sales tax. In other words, the mini is US$ 120 more expensive (before sales tax) in Europe than in the US, or a whopping 17%. I wonder why (other than saying that European Mac buyers are less price sensitive than US buyers, or to keep demand artificially limited).
Typical Microsoft. Announcing the product long before it arrives (if it arrives, anybody remember Cairo and Longhorn?) in the hopes that people will wait for "the Microsoft version". The world is different now. There are real alternatives and no developer is going to invest serious money in Windows Phone 7 on the basis of hopeful announcements about a non-shipping product.
Isn't Windows Phone meant to be a hardware product from Microsoft? Like Zune and XBox and Keyboards?
Will be a difficult choice for many. Stylus or style? Seriously, it looked pretty good on the surface. OTOH, this being the Microsoft Juggernaut, they'll probably fail at producing something decent. And then there is the fact that they have not got an app ecosystem.
That would fit for Microsoft with respect to always being late.