or Connect

Posts by untsig

get as much as you can for your compaq using craigslist or eBay (watch for scams though!!!) then go for the entry level MacBook. buy an aftermarket harddrive for like $100, try to sell 60GB you took out or keep it as a backup or just in case. that's my advice, cause my MacBook is amazing!
ditto. my first Mac. great experiences so far. works perfectly w/ all the perifs i used to use w/ my Dell. couldnt ask for a better machine.
if i were you i'd invest in a mouse and keyboard anyways. you can get a nice wired set for like $50 and never worry about arm/wrist/palm pain. and yes, the iCurve raises the monitor height more than the iLap.
my MacBook only allowed a few resolutions as well for my HDTV. try each resolution at the lower refresh rates (60-75) the biggest i was able to get was like 1000x700ish. at 70Hz (i think)
duh. blackbooks look better and appeal to more people than plain-jane white. obvious to charge a lil more.
Happy BlackBook owner here too. (switcher to boot!) only complaints are my own lack of OS X knowledge and experience.
what if you had the MacBook hooked to a bigger (say 19") monitor??? do you think it would work then? or is the graphics card of the MacBook still not up to par w/ Aperture's requirements??
just curious if it is possible to run Aperture on my new MacBook. i have the 2.0GHz, 2.0GB, 80GB BlackBook. i have read online which models its compatable with but it doesnt seem to even list MacBook (even in the non-compatable list) anyone currently running this on their MacBook? is it possible? thanks in advance!
i cant stand how iPhoto puts every one of my pictures and puts them in a new roll. pisses me off as well
wow that surprises me as well. i guess my hopes to be able to run it on my 2GHz, 2GB MacBook are shot to hell lol. i was hoping it might be able to crawl along in Aperture but now im thinkin i'm dreamin. o and to answer your question --- i'd look at NewEgg.com for your RAM needs. very competitive prices and fast shipping. took only 3 business days from day of order to arrival at my house for my MacBook ram. and that's from California to Texas in only 3 days.