or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

Oh right, we're supposed to just take whatever Apple gives us and say "oh, thank you, thank you.." What, am I supposed to pretend I don't need copy and paste, even though I wish I had it once or twice a week? Am I supposed to think "Great, I've got street view now in google maps" even though I've never once needed it? If Apple doesn't know that people want something, then why would they add it? I think the only responsible thing to do, if you care about a product, is to...
Yeah, great. Big whoop. Where's copy and paste?
Yeah, like, can a software update add a FW port?
I had a similar experience with a friend of mine (also a musician) this week. I told him about the new MacBooks, and when I got to the part about it lacking Firewire he was absolutely dumbfounded and pissed off. Neither of us will be buying one of these things any time soon. Apple has let me down in a big way this time around. I thought they were supposed to make products for creative individuals... Well, musicians need Firewire, OK? And, we're not millionaires. And, we...
Um, copy and paste???? Please? I'm still running iPhone OS 1.1.4 I see no reason to upgrade until this very basic functionality is added.
Totally agree. I was excited to hear about the new enclosure, but without Firewire, this is a downgrade from my existing MacBook. So, thanks Apple, but no-thanks.
A gross workaround for this particular situation: Use the "phone number detection" feature to dial the number, then immediately hang up (before it connects). Then use the "recent" list to save the number into a contact. How's that for "ease of use!"
Well, if you're willing to shell out $20 you can sync notes to your Mac. See: http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/ Also nice for backing up SMS message histories. (Still, ridiculous that you have to purchase this as an add-on. Should be built-in functionality.) I agree about searching... It would be definitely handy if there was an "iPhone spotlight" feature... though, not as high up my list as copy/paste. While I'm dreaming: Why the heck can't I sync my iPhone to my Mac...
I give a damn!!! I miss this feature at least once a week. Its really one of the few things that I find myself saying "Why the heck can't I do this?!" about. Very common uses: wanting to do a google search on some text on a web page that I'm viewing. wanting to copy some text out of one email into the response (but not the entire thing). wanting to save a snippet of an email into a note. wanting to do a google search on something I typed into a note. wanting to copy a...
I'm a more or less happy 1.x iPhone owner, and I'm not going to upgrade until they add copy and paste. Its absolutely ridiculous that I can't copy a bit of text out of an email and paste it into a note, or vise versa. I don't need 100 flashlight programs. I don't need video games. I don't need 3G. Safari works OK as it is. Please Apple...