or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

This is the case because Apple's pricing is wrong. Based on industry standard ratios between cost to manufacture and retail price, the 5c is overpriced. And it feels that way doesn't it? Be honest the 5s feels like worth more than a 5c $100. It's a clearly superior product. The 5c should have been priced around $450 off contract and $99 on contract, with the 5s for $650 off contract and $299 on contract.
I thought the whole point of the 5c was to hit a lower price point. If so, they failed. The 5c unlocked sells for the same as the 5 does on Virgin Mobile at this point. If Samsung can make a profit selling Galaxy S IIIs for $300ish, I don't see why Apple can't make an iPhone for around the same price. A $550 phone is not going to significantly open any new markets for them. They are selling the iPhone 4 for around $300. Does the iPhone 4 really cost that much less to...
It's a decent update to the iPhone. I think the fingerprint recognition is going to be a significant feature in time, especially as NFR payments, coupons, tickets and so on become more widely used.   However, the thing about the announcements that I find very strange is the "5c" is really not that much less expensive if you look at the unlocked prices. The cheapest 5c is $549 unlocked. I was hoping they were going to hit more around $300. The cheapest 5s is only $100...
I wish I could become a millionaire by turning iTunes into a dung pile.
  That would be Awesome! Microsoft Bob is like Forstall's skeuomorphic wet dream. He could bring back Bob, Clippy and that super cool animated doggy search companion. Just think how amazing Bob could be with 3D glasses! Like when you open the desk drawer to try to get the dog to find your document, the drawer could actually extend out of the computer monitor!  
While I'm not a fan of Google+, given Apple's track record with online services, I'd rather have my options open... Which is why the iOS ecosystem is less and less attractive to me. I guess it works well enough for people who can't be bothered to figure out if there are services that better meet their needs out there, but for me, I'd rather Google handle maps, email, calendar and address book stuff. I'd rather dropbox handle online storage, and while I might buy an...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/09/nvidia_ceo_says_second_generation_surface_rt_is_in_the_works/   "Nvidia's CEO says his company is working with Microsoft on a second-generation Surface RT, and that he believes it has a chance of success – even though the original Surface RT tablet was an utter flop – because it will include Microsoft Outlook. 'It is the killer app for Windows,' Huang told Cnet. 'Now we're going to bring it with the second-generation Surface....
  Hmm, have you held a Nexus in your hands? It's a really nice tablet. Anyway, I'm sure the Asus is worth the price, but the devices that I think will really shake the market up are a little cheaper than that. Android maturing into a laptop OS is something that should have Microsoft sh*ting bricks.
  You can either pop it off and then lose it under the couch, or awkwardly fold it behind the unit.  I think this question points to exactly what's wrong with the "hybrid" tablet/laptop idea.  What we really need is a keyboard that magically appears when you need it and then vanishes when you don't.   (And no you wiseacre, I don't mean the on-screen keyboard. I'm a touch typist, and my speed drops by 50% or more trying to use the onscreen keyboard. I basically can't stand...
  That looks pretty cool. It's $400 for the base unit, plus another $115 for the keyboard/dock. That puts the price on the high side IMO. If you look at the Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, or Nook HD+, you can see that it's possible to make and sell a decent small Android tablet for around $150.  Adding a bit of expense for the keyboard, I'd like to see Android ultrabooks selling in the $200 to $300 range.