or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

I think a plastic case is a great idea. I would never carry an iPhone 4 or 5 around without a case, but a plastic, less expensive iPhone, I would definitely consider carrying around with no case. So for me anyway, the thickness could actually wind up being less.
  Maybe you don't read the stats but if you add together all the Android phones out there, they vastly outnumber iPhones. Windows machines are still like 90% of the PC market. Apple is a great company in many ways, and many people own their products, but it's a fraction of the US population, let alone the world population. This means if I belong to a club or an organization or whatever, I can't throw an iWork document out there and say "Hey everybody, log on and add your...
  No, as TimmyDax pointed out, you need to own an Apple device. You can't just open up a free iCloud account and start editing documents. This is a significant impediment to iWorks becoming an open standard for collaboration in the way the Google Docs is.   My point is that iWorks will still not be good for open collaboration, because it will only function for people who own Apple devices. So, Apple still does not have the ubiquity of MS Office, and it doesn't have the...
  It could be really handy for editing your documents anywhere. For example, you were working on a layout, but are on vacation without your laptop when inspiration strikes. You can go to an internet cafe or a friends house (who doesn't have a mac) and do some editing. It could also be useful for PC users who own iPads or iPhones, but do not own Macs. They can now seamlessly use iWork between their PC and their Apple devices.   However, I don't think this will really come...
  Yes, they have opened it up to all platforms, but you still need an iCloud account to use iWork, and you need to own at least one Apple device in order to open an iCloud account. In other words, as an owner of Apple devices, I can now edit my documents on any computer that has access to the internet, and I can also collaborate on documents with other Apple device owners who also have iCloud accounts. Still, this is a long way from Google Docs where all you need to do is...
  Not lies. Go try to set up an iCloud account yourself. You need an Apple device in order to set it up. From the instructions in your link "To enable iCloud on your Windows PC, first set up iCloud on your other devices, then install the iCloud Control Panel for Windows" In other words, you need to have at least an iPod Touch in order to set up an iCloud account and use iWork. This is a mistake IMO.  
I think Apple should open these programs up to everyone, not just owners of Apple devices. It's the only way this suite will blunt the advance of Google Docs. You can't do group collaboration if it's "for Apple people only" and that's one of the big benefits of having packages like this on the web. It's so incredibly handy to be able to make a Google document and share it around saying "OK everybody enter your information."
If they slashed prices to zero, they'd be on-par with Android, except they still wouldn't have any apps, or allow for GUI customization (i.e. nook or Amazon fire). So, pretty much RT is screwed. Users don't want it, it doesn't offer any real advantage. About the only way that I could see RT catching on is if MS killed their (unreleased) iOS and Android versions of Office and made RT the absolute best platform for MS oriented documents on the go. If they did that it's...
Hey Apple, have you magically made the file system disappear yet? No? Then give us access to it. iOS is less powerful than Android or Windows Phone for the one simple fact that it has a file system but tries to pretend it doesn't. Also widgets. Please.
Does it have a touch screen and let me browse the web? Does it let me make phone calls, read my email, run apps? Does it have instant messaging, play music, take photos? Yes! Yes Yes! Well, one phone costs $250, the other costs $650.   Look at what Apple charges you for additional storage. An off-contract 16GB iPhone 5 is $650. A 64GB iPhone 5 is $850!!! I guess some people like getting taken to the cleaners. You can pop a 64GB SD card in your Android phone for...