or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

Hey Apple, have you magically made the file system disappear yet? No? Then give us access to it. iOS is less powerful than Android or Windows Phone for the one simple fact that it has a file system but tries to pretend it doesn't. Also widgets. Please.
Does it have a touch screen and let me browse the web? Does it let me make phone calls, read my email, run apps? Does it have instant messaging, play music, take photos? Yes! Yes Yes! Well, one phone costs $250, the other costs $650.   Look at what Apple charges you for additional storage. An off-contract 16GB iPhone 5 is $650. A 64GB iPhone 5 is $850!!! I guess some people like getting taken to the cleaners. You can pop a 64GB SD card in your Android phone for...
In other words, Apple's phones are overpriced.
  You probably haven't been following the market, but the Nexus tablets are actually quite nice, and cheaper than an iPad mini. If I were shopping for a tablet, I'd seriously consider one of those, or the new tablets from Samsung. The Kindle Fire has been beefed up, and if you're mostly into Amazon content, it's definitely worth considering. The point is, for a long time iPad was really the only game in town. That's no longer the case, and Apple's share of the tablet...
>You made so many false assertions that I won't even try to refute them.   Well, that's not going to make for much of a conversation then.
You were probably thinking of "tablet" market share. Apple's share is actually slipping.   http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24093213   Apple's share of the tablet market slipped from just under 60% to just under 40% between 2011 and 2012. This is mostly because Android tablets that people actually want to use are finally coming to market. And again there are many different form factors, price points and "methods of monetization" being explored by all...
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57569402-94/android-ios-combine-for-91-percent-of-market/   Android went from about 53% market share q4 2011 to 70% market share q4 2012. Huge growth.   "Android boasted a broad selection of smartphones, and an equally deep list of smartphone vendor partners. Finding an Android smartphone for nearly any budget, taste, size, and price was all but guaranteed during 2012. As a result, Android was rewarded with market-beating...
iOS will never reach the sort of ubiquity that Windows represents because Apple does not license iOS. Because of this, the platform is limited by the form factors that Apple feels are in its best interest to produce. In pure numbers Apple will be overwhelmed by Android. Android holds something like 70% of the smartphone market. Apple is more profitable, and will continue to thrive, but it ain't no monopoly.
"At the same time, despite having ignored the bottom of the mobile phone market Apple has still managed to retain iPod-style ecosystem dominance over mobile apps and the usage stats that drive supporting accessory sales and specialty markets such as government, education and enterprise." Simply not true. The Android app ecosystem, while having it's faults, can clearly go toe-to-toe with iOS. Also, the rest of the smart phone ecosystem for me and many others is actually...
I think Samsung will get the price right, because at this point their main competitor isn't the iPad mini really, it's the Nexus 7. If I were going to get a small tablet, I'd take a serious look at the Nexus 7. It's light, it's slick, it's got an OK screen, and it's over $100 less than the iPad mini. If all you want to do is some basic media consumption, why pay more? So, that's the market the Samsung device is entering. They need to come in at or below the Nexus 7.